Solved Finding the right value for pointer scan in CE

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

ranseier

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 26, 2015
Hi,

I am having trouble finding all enemy positions for an online game.
I have logged in a second player and fiddled around with CE and found his Y value. Problem is, that there are alot (about 30) of other entries in the result list showing exactly the same value of his Y value.
So I took the first entry in the results and did a pointer scan (max level 4) and found a large amount of pointers. Restarted the game > Pointer Scan "remove invalid entries", Restarted the game > Pointer Scan "remove invalid entries", etc.. until I got a list of 10 Pointers.
I took the first pointer in the list. Then in "dissect data/structure" I navigated to the parent pointer, opened another pointer and found more Y values of other players and corresponding X values.

Here comes the big problem: This pointer does not seem to contain all players that are visible in the game for me. Only a part of them.

What does this mean for me?

- Did I find the wrong static pointer?
- Does this game has a weird structure on how to save player positions?

Are there more realiable, faster, easier ways to find the right pointer?

Thank you!

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
It doesn't seem that there are more below. I have written a small test program to show coordinates on the screen. Basically a radar. It did not find more players even when I went below a few thousand steps.

Something else I noticed is, that there is a pointer which holds more player coordinates than the first one. What does it mean?

Both pointers are unrealiable. Sometimes player coordinates get lost (the player disappears on my radar) but he just walked 2 meters away from me in game. Even if I use both pointers for drawing the coordinates in the radar, there are still people disappearing on the radar.

What would you suggest to do? Do another pointer scan?

Some background information:
- I found the (unrealiable) pointers that hold the coordinates at the 5th level
- the 3rd offset seems to hold the player (see screenshot). I iterate through these offsets from 0 to 4092 and try to find valid coordinates in my radar.
- Its a .net game

Thank you!
Afaik .NET pointers are incredibly unreliable, you have to go to stupid depths for them to remain, and they are overall a pain to use. You have two easier options.

1) Find out where the enemies are accessed or looped through. Maybe there's a function that returns an entity by ID. Either hook the entity loop and draw each ent based on the results in it, or call the function that returns the ent by ID (I have no clue how to do this since the game is .NET).

2) Decompile the game and write a built in radar, or examine the code to better understand what you need to do to get a more reliable entity array.

I don't have much experience working with .NET games, so hopefully someone who does has better advice.

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Is it possible that you aren't actually at the start of the list? Try subtracting 4 bytes (Or however many bytes are the distance between the ents) and seeing if there are more below. If not, then it might be that entities are separated by type into different lists, and you'll have to find the other lists. Or you may have the wrong list.

ranseier

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 26, 2015
It doesn't seem that there are more below. I have written a small test program to show coordinates on the screen. Basically a radar. It did not find more players even when I went below a few thousand steps.

Something else I noticed is, that there is a pointer which holds more player coordinates than the first one. What does it mean?

Both pointers are unrealiable. Sometimes player coordinates get lost (the player disappears on my radar) but he just walked 2 meters away from me in game. Even if I use both pointers for drawing the coordinates in the radar, there are still people disappearing on the radar.

What would you suggest to do? Do another pointer scan?

Some background information:
- I found the (unrealiable) pointers that hold the coordinates at the 5th level
- the 3rd offset seems to hold the player (see screenshot). I iterate through these offsets from 0 to 4092 and try to find valid coordinates in my radar.
- Its a .net game

Thank you!

ranseier

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 26, 2015
In the CE forum I have read that you have to do a pointer scan up to 11th level when dealing with .net because of its highly object orientated nature.

There is a "dissect mono" feature in CE but it looks like the best parts of the game are obfuscated.

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
In the CE forum I have read that you have to do a pointer scan up to 11th level when dealing with .net because of its highly object orientated nature.

There is a "dissect mono" feature in CE but it looks like the best parts of the game are obfuscated.
I've only used the dissect mono feature once and it was pretty confusing. .NET Reflector does a good job of decompiling .NET programs. Might be good to check it out.

And yeah, pointers in .NET are pretty annoying :p

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods