Solved Finding specific "arrays" or addresses

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Yothri

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 12, 2013
Hello,

i am currently very busy with the game Trove as some ppl. already know.
I managed to write a Fishing Bot, a small Camera Zoom and i am working on a small Player Radar.

And got already another idea what i could do with this game.
Maybe some of you guys know the game Guild Wars 2 (who not lol). You can harvest Ore´s from Nodes, gather Wood with a Hatchet for the players professions.
Those Ore´s also does exist in the game Trove. (There are Nodes of a specific material randomly in the world generated.)
Well my aim is to find the position of each of this Nodes(Ore Blocks) in memory and i have absolutely no idea on how to find them since i cannot change the positions of the blocks so i could scan for the position or sth. with cheat engine.

My aim with this thread is to ask Pro's on how they would start the search for something like this.

Since the game is based on Voxels and when loading the character into the world, the world is probably not going to be instantly loaded into memory. Probably loaded with some kind of chunks. And another problem is, the maps a random generated from the server, so i guess this makes it only possible to find those Ore´s in the near of the player right?

That are my guesses right now.

I would like to discuss this topic a little with you guys.

Thank you

Broihon

edgy 12 y/o
Escobar Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 22, 2013
Every block type probably has an unique ID. And there are probably huge arrays of those IDs for each chunk (or however the game handles it). I think you should start by trying to get the block-ID for the ores. If you have the ID you can loop through the chunks to find the nearest ore or something like that. You can try finding IDs by placing a block and scan for an unknown, remove the block, place a different one, rescan... And if you do that next to an ore block maybe you find an ID which is very close in memory to the ore block. It'd be easier if you can place ore blocks though.

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Don't the blocks reappear after a set amount of time? Just destroy the block, changed scan, wait for it to come back, changed scan, etc.

Yothri

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 12, 2013
Don't the blocks reappear after a set amount of time? Just destroy the block, changed scan, wait for it to come back, changed scan, etc.
Well, probably they reappear, but not at the same position as where i removed the block. That´s the problem :D
The position on where the blocks can spawn is different everytime and gets told by the server.

ranseier

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 26, 2015
I accidently found all entities in the game Dead Frontier by searching for an enemy player coordinate. Now my radar not only shows zombies and players, no it also shows cars, trash bins, dead stuff, etc. problem for me: i cannot distinct the types yet. for example: this is a zombie, this is a player, this is a guard.

Maybe this helps, finding your resources. Just scan down coordinates of stuff you can move. When you are lucky you get an array all ingame items with their coordinates. when you are even more lucky you also get the type (player, ore, monster) of the item.

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Well, probably they reappear, but not at the same position as where i removed the block. That´s the problem :D
The position on where the blocks can spawn is different everytime and gets told by the server.
Hm. I'd have to play the game to see, so I might download it and check it out. No promises though :p

Yothri

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 12, 2013
Hm. I'd have to play the game to see, so I might download it and check it out. No promises though :p
This would be very awesome, but its not something i could expect from you guys out there.
:p

Yothri

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 12, 2013
Вroihon;37302 said:
Every block type probably has an unique ID. And there are probably huge arrays of those IDs for each chunk (or however the game handles it). I think you should start by trying to get the block-ID for the ores. If you have the ID you can loop through the chunks to find the nearest ore or something like that. You can try finding IDs by placing a block and scan for an unknown, remove the block, place a different one, rescan... And if you do that next to an ore block maybe you find an ID which is very close in memory to the ore block. It'd be easier if you can place ore blocks though.
Block ID will probably be an 4 Byte Integer?
And block should always be set on the same position right? Just different blocks and then scan for changed value?

Edit: I cant get the address count below 30,000 with this method. :FeelsBadMan:

Last edited:

Broihon

edgy 12 y/o
Escobar Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 22, 2013
Block ID will probably be an 4 Byte Integer?
And block should always be set on the same position right? Just different blocks and then scan for changed value?

Edit: I cant get the address count below 30,000 with this method. :FeelsBadMan:
:FeelsBadMan: For Minecraft it worked. I'll take a look at that later^^

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods