Solved Finding Pointer/Offsets

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

AlphaAnonymous

*Creating A Perfect World
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
Hello!

I am back once again with a dilemma with trying to find a pointer and offset(s).

Here is an image of the instructions:

I have tried for about 2 hours now looking for it, and cannot find it.

I am also not familiar with some of the instructions, such as the "lea" portion of it.

Any help will be appreciated!

Broihon

edgy 12 y/o
Escobar Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 22, 2013
We definitly need more ASM codes. But from that part I can say some things for sure:
1. "The value of the pointer needed to find this address is probably 0018EE0C" is definitly WRONG. Why? 0018EE0C is an address in the stack of the process. After that function returns that address will be invalid.
2. Since the ESP (stack pointer register) is used you can't be sure that the offset even is 30C. Some call conventions do stuff like "sub esp, 130" and if that's the case the 30C won't work.
3. Lea means "load effictive address" - in this case it's basically means "mov esi, esp + 30C" but that instruction I just wrote isn't possible. It just sets esi to (esp + 30C). It's NOT loading the value which is stored in (esp + 30C).

do these:
Cheat Engine Tut 2

How To Hack Any Game 1 Solaire

How to Hack Any Game pt 2 Rake

Pointer Scanning Like a Boss

How to find Entity List Assault Cube

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaAnonymous

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
Вroihon;40144 said:
We definitly need more ASM codes. But from that part I can say some things for sure:
1. "The value of the pointer needed to find this address is probably 0018EE0C" is definitly WRONG. Why? 0018EE0C is an address in the stack of the process. After that function returns that address will be invalid.
2. Since the ESP (stack pointer register) is used you can't be sure that the offset even is 30C. Some call conventions do stuff like "sub esp, 130" and if that's the case the 30C won't work.
3. Lea means "load effictive address" - in this case it's basically means "mov esi, esp + 30C" but that instruction I just wrote isn't possible. It just sets esi to (esp + 30C). It's NOT loading the value which is stored in (esp + 30C).
What would be my options? That is basically all I get can from using cheat engine's debugger.

What can I do to provide more information?

Edit:

There is also this:

Last edited:

Broihon

edgy 12 y/o
Escobar Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 22, 2013
What would be my options? That is basically all I get can from using cheat engine's debugger.

What can I do to provide more information?
Show a screenshot of the region where the lea instruction is. Just so that we can see more of the instructions.

Edit:

There is also this:
Guessing from that image your last offset is 38 since ECX is 38.

AlphaAnonymous

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
Вroihon;40147 said:
Show a screenshot of the region where the lea instruction is. Just so that we can see more of the instructions.

Guessing from that image your last offset is 38 since ECX is 38.
I know this is weird, but is there any way you can TeamView me?

I am still new to the whole ASM world. Lol.

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Well that first ones a static address dawg. Exename.exe+Offset

AlphaAnonymous

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
Well that first ones a static address dawg. Exename.exe+Offset
It leads to an address that does have a return value for what I am looking for, but is not the proper address.

That address I am looking for is the address that controls whether the game is ready to start or not.

The static address you are referring to only returns a value when I press the key to start the game (F1).

Does that make sense?

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods