Solved Finding Game Functions Tutorial help

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
Gotta make sure you set the breakpoint on the correct buffer of memory, like i did in the video.
Once you've found the instruction that actually writes to the buffer, you should be able to trace back with pertinent information being shown in the stack.

Gonna need a bit more info to help you out any more then this.
You're doing this on Assault Cube?
Other games may not be as easy, but the logic still applies.

Reactions: jackie8tao

NachoModding

Nobleman
Aug 31, 2017
First i search for the message hey with cheat engine. Then i found 18 Results. I type in the game hey again, i search for it with cheat engine i found 1 result. That´s the right result. Now i catch the code in Memory View with CTR+G then i close Cheat Engine and start OllyDbg. I attach the Process. And in the Video you can see the messages from the person. But i can´t see that? And i set the Origin on the same address like in the Video. But i can´t see the messages in OllyDebug.
Here a picture of this what i mean:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwbdeJvZhG_YQ0pnY0RUM1c0NHM

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
First i search for the message hey with cheat engine. Then i found 18 Results. I type in the game hey again, i search for it with cheat engine i found 1 result.
This might be your problem right here.
If you notice, I never hit 'next scan'.
What happens with this function is that it eventually ends up writing to a contiguous space of memory.
So if you get 18 results, type in hey again and hit next scan, you're going to miss the correct memory region that the game writes to.
Instead, go through the first 18 results. Check them out in the memory editor, once you find the other shit that has been printed to the screen, you'll know you found the right spot.

Try typing something more obscure also, 'hey' may actually be used as part of another word or or some shit.

Just some extra info...
That pane that you took a screenshot of is called the stack view.
It shows the stack for the current thread and each thread has it's own stack to work with.
Here's a short read on the stack.
https://www.cs.umd.edu/class/sum2003/cmsc311/Notes/Mips/stack.html
Don't let the fact that they're using MIPS scare you away, the concept explained in that article is the same on x86 as well.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods