Solved Finding certain values with Cheat Engine

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Psychopath

Oct 11, 2016
I have seen a few tutorial videos which are all great. I've really learned a lot, though I am still a newbie.

I have a question on how you would find the value of scrolling text that pops up on screen at random intervals in a game. Or finding the value of names of bosses. (So that I may be able to find out where they have spawned)

For example: Say there's a game with lots of different bosses that spawn on different maps. You never know when or where. The only notification you get is slow scrolling text on the screen. "Boss A has just spawned on Map 1!"

How can I find the value of that text? Or maybe even the names of certain bosses? If I can find the name of certain bosses, I should be able to find out where they have spawned, correct?

Finding "changed" and "unchanged" values is really problematic since there's tons of bosses, tons of maps, and you never know when they will spawn.

Thanks for taking the time to read through. If this is not the correct section to post, I apologize.

Last edited:

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
how you would find the value of scrolling text
Search in cheat engine for the string, you can also get a list of all strings in the binary with Cheat Engine, IDA, Olly etc...

"Boss A has just spawned on Map 1!"
This string is created by concatenating 3 variables:
1) name of boss
2) the string "has just spawned on"
3) name of map

I would find this string: "has just spawned on" in memory

If I can find the name of certain bosses, I should be able to find out where they have spawned, correct?
If you put a "Find what Accesses this addres" on the string above, you will find what function prints that message. You can track backwards from there to find the spawn function and maybe hook it or do some other magic. Basically you will need to learn how to use cheat engine, C++ and reverse engineering to achieve your goal. So best get to practicing :p We'll help you along on the way

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods