Question Find password stored in Binary

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

kuruvi

Dec 15, 2016
Note: feel free to PM for app name, etc

(I have attached the binary of the app and encrypted pdf) I am using an app that downloads the encrypted (password protected) pdf files and it decrypts to view them. As I need to view these encrypted pdf files on my default pdf viewer, I need to decrypt them with password.

I did Disassembling with IDX pro but I can't find the password (I am a noob). I do see the entries like "PDFdocumentunlockwithpassword" but I can't get more info on it, I am enclosing the screenshots of what I see from IDX pro.

It will be great if you assist me to (or) retrieve the password, thanks

Last edited:

r4z0r

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Jul 21, 2016
It's way more complicated than finding where's the password because I'm 90% sure that the password is encrypted either so you'd need to reverse everything, see how it encrypts and etc... This is NOT something basic nor easy, it would take days, weeks, or even months of dedication to achieve something. We're not in 2004 where ppl could easily reverse these stuff, if this is an online application the password may be encrypted server side so you must consider everything, I'm not sayin it's impossible but if this is a famous app is rly unlikely you'll manage to break its encryption.

kuruvi

Dec 15, 2016
if this is an online application the password may be encrypted server side so you must consider everything
it is an local app (iOS), password was found in the earlier version of the app and unfortunately it got changed now and I lost the contact with the person who did this.

kuruvi

Dec 15, 2016
Virus scans, 2 for each attachment
really, there is nothing other than the binary and a pdf file (inside the zip)!! I just downloaded myself and unzipped. Also, I'm using mac, so there should be no Virus, please tell me how do you scan?

Last edited:
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods