Does VAC have the rights to ban me for this?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalist

Jul 5, 2015
Can VAC rightfully ban me from a game for simply looking through it's memory with a debugger in singleplayer (there is potentially multiplayer but I didn't do it there). I thought they only cared about it if you did it in multiplayer. I should have pulled the internet plug even in singleplayer while doing this.

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
Disable vac in launch options and hook or debug in single player, never had any issues this way for like 6 months.

Kalist

Jul 5, 2015
You can disable VAC? I thought it only ran on servers that supported it. It might be because I changed some values in cheat engine and didn't restart before going into multiplayer. Idk...

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
VAC 3 is a slimy bastard, the -insecure launch option doesn't stop it, you have to do sv_lan 1 ingame as well (for CSS anyway)

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
VAC 3 is a slimy bastard, the -insecure launch option doesn't stop it, you have to do sv_lan 1 ingame as well (for CSS anyway)
We don't actually know if this stops the module all together though, like for all we know it could still run locally and just update when you next connect. Who knows if even pulling out the ethernet cable works lol.
Could be worth running a detected cheat whilst in -insecure -sv_lan 1 to see what happens.

Kalist

Jul 5, 2015
The Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC)
Because nobody likes playing with cheaters.
Playing games should be fun. In order to ensure the best possible online multiplayer experience, Valve developed a state-of-the-art anti-cheat system that automatically detects and permanently bans any player using cheats or hacks on a VAC secured server. What this means to you as a player is that you don't have to worry about annoying cheaters getting an unfair advantage and disrupting your game.
The Valve Anti-Cheat system is only enabled on servers with the secured shield logo and only Valve has the ability to VAC ban a user. While server admins may choose to ban players from playing on their specific servers, they do not have the ability to VAC ban players. The VAC system is automated and contacting Steam Support to report cheaters isn't necessary. Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances.
What the actual fuck... They claim it's only when you play online on secured server and you mess with the memory addresses there they'll ban you... Not what happened to me... At all. Unless their "training ground" in singeplayer was a disguised as a VAC secured server, but that would make no sense, because I was playing ALONE.

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
What the actual fuck... They claim it's only when you play online on secured server and you mess with the memory addresses there they'll ban you... Not what happened to me... At all. Unless their "training ground" in singeplayer was a disguised as a VAC secured server, but that would make no sense, because I was playing ALONE.
I got banned for doing local hvh which is why I said use sv_lan

Kalist

Jul 5, 2015
No, unless some chunk in memory stayed edited for some reason when I went on multiplayer (forgot to restart the game). Which would be very unlikely, because the ammo value resets instantly... And that was the only value I changed in an offline match to confirm I found the right address.

I've confronted VAC Support and filed a complaint, awaiting their response.

Kalist

Jul 5, 2015
I didn't cheat, I was doing it for educational purposes in an offline match, but yes the reason doesn't matter. What matters is they lie about their policy, they are not allowed to check and scan in an offline singleplayer match. I didn't ruin it for others, it was SINGLEPLAYER. VAC doesn't have the rights to ban me for doing this in singeplayer, because they do not state it in their policy that they will.

VAC didn't do its job, it malfunctioned for banning me for this... It's ONLY supposed to scan for cheats during online sessions when you interact with other players. If this isn't the case, their description of VAC is a lie. They could care less what we do in singleplayer.

Last edited:

dmo

Coder
Nobleman
Nov 8, 2014
-insecure + sv_lan 1 will only prevent vac send info, but it will work normally yet, idk if it's working like this yet.

Cryslacks

<>>>
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Dec 10, 2013
VAC did a perfect job to get you banned. It prevented a cheat to be created.
VAC doesnt care if it was for "educational purposes". It didnt malfunction it have malfunctioned a few times but that was in the beginning of the creating of VAC.

Just buy a new account. You should be able to get one for like 6€.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods