Does VAC ban for reading one of their game's processes?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Father_DeadBytes

Nov 3, 2013
I'm just asking, I've read around and it seems as though reading the memory would not trigger a VAC ban. I just want to make sure so I don't up and get myself banned for reading some values and sending a mouse click.

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Depends which VAC are we talking about. VAC3 scans all open handles to the game process and traces back to them, otherwise reading memory should be safe

Heisa

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Jul 3, 2013
Depends which VAC are we talking about. VAC3 scans all open handles to the game process and traces back to them, otherwise reading memory should be safe
Can i safely use fleep's bhop tutorial on l4d2 multi server?

Nether

The Angel Of Verdun
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Dec 11, 2013
Can i safely use fleep's bhop tutorial on l4d2 multi server?
yeah, you can do what you like to L4D2 ive been hacking that since day one :p ofc just for testing purposes but ive used memory edits in multi-player etc your 100% safe in L4D2 id say from experience

Heisa

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Jul 3, 2013
yeah, you can do what you like to L4D2 ive been hacking that since day one :p ofc just for testing purposes but ive used memory edits in multi-player etc your 100% safe in L4D2 id say from experience
Awesome! If i manage to fix the triggerbot, I could use my bhop + trigger hack ingame ^_^

Father_DeadBytes

Nov 3, 2013
So what you're saying is in games like TF2 and CS:S, so much as reading the memory will trigger a ban?

brinkz

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Sep 3, 2012
So what you're saying is in games like TF2 and CS:S, so much as reading the memory will trigger a ban?
No, they trace back the handles, yes, but they don't ban for it directly, since legit programs might also read the memory.

Father_DeadBytes

Nov 3, 2013
So they trace the handle and see if it matches a cheating program's name/hash/whatever else or just logs it checking for suspicious activity?

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods