Solved DirectX Video rendering (how to hook)

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

javakul7

Nov 1, 2013
Hi!
Im c# programmer but have some knowledge in c++. All we know about Nvidia 3d Vision. As i read it hooks directx and makes 3d effect (we need to have a special devices to watch it).
My target is to hook directx functions before nvidia's dll does it and make some modifications for example draw text and some figures.
Many tutorials says about hooking directx in games, but i cant find any tutorial about hooking directx in video rendering (for example hooking wmplayer or vlc while using directx).
So my question is that function i need to hook to solve my problem? Most tutorials talk about directx end scene for the games, but what about video rendering? Or both are the same?

Regards!

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
As far as it goes, if d3d is utilized then rendering happens the same way - there is no difference between wether used for video or game rendering; it's essentially the same. If you want to hook before someone else hooks, just find out what they hook and overwrite it, or hook inside their hook. I'd recommend observing Present rather than Endscene cause it's more likely to be hooked.

Complete d3d9 tutorials:
https://guidedhacking.com/threads/how-to-get-started-with-directx-9-make-your-menu-hacks.10402

Last edited by a moderator:

javakul7

Nov 1, 2013
Thanks for ansver.
I will try to hook Present. What is the best way to test hook? Possible log?

ps
some C++ questions.
msdn says HRESULT EndScene() method has no params. But while hooking we use (LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pDevice) as param. As i unrestand C++ the first param is "self". So while hooking Present method we need to add pointer to device as the first param?
Another.. msdn says:
HRESULT Present(
[in] const RECT *pSourceRect,
[in] const RECT *pDestRect,
[in] HWND hDestWindowOverride,
[in] const RGNDATA *pDirtyRegion
);
what means [in] and do i need to use it in my hooks?

Regards!

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Ignore the 'In's, they just show that the parameters are used by the function and not used for oitputting anything or w/e

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods