BOOL fontonce = false;

static RECT r;

D3DCOLOR FontColor = D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255, 255, 0);

void ResetFont()
{
	font->OnLostDevice();
	font->OnResetDevice();
}

void Draw_Text(LPCSTR TextToDraw, D3DCOLOR color)
{
	font->DrawTextA(NULL, TextToDraw, strlen(TextToDraw), &r, DT_NOCLIP, color);
}

void DrawMenu(LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pDevice)
{
	if (font != 0)
	{
		font->Release();
	}

font = 0;
	D3DXCreateFontA(pDevice, 16, 6, FW_BOLD, 0, 0, DEFAULT_CHARSET, OUT_TT_ONLY_PRECIS, PROOF_QUALITY, DEFAULT_PITCH | FF_DONTCARE, "Arial", &font);

Draw_Text("DX hook", D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255, 0, 255));
}
which crashes. I have already stepped through it with a debugger. Without calling Draw_Text, my game which I inject into, doesn't crash.. Also does my D3DXCreateFontA return S_OK. The ResetFont gets called by my Reset hook and the DrawMenu by my EndScene hook.

Other hooks I coded previously work well with the same SDK. I have both, 2004 summer and 2010 June installed and tested with both.

Following it with a debugger until it ultimatley crashes, it ends up at CSprite::End or something similar-named.

To the crash:

I know, that recreating the font all time isn't necessary but that's the result of trying to test eveything out.

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
I did actually manage to fix this. It was neither code related nor compiler related. I reinstalled the SDK (2010, June) and also my directX to 2010 June (the newest I could get for DirectX 9.0C) and now it does work.

Regardless of that am I asking myself what actually caused that error but still, /closed.

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
static RECT r;
The rectangle isn't initialized. That's the only problem I can see atm.
Tried that, didn't fix the issue...
The error says something on different calling conventions. I know but those are obviously, but any idea?

Because actually I'm just adding that function (DrawText) from d3dx9.h, so no wrong definition by my side...

This must be a compiler issue related to Visual Studio 2013.
The same compiled source with the same SDK I compiled with Visual Studio 2010 once (Don't have it installed anymore) works. I injected that DLL I had built with VS2010 and it didn't crash.

So far, thanks for your help..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods