Solved Difference between external and internal

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

geo10

Nov 26, 2013
Hi!
Let me get straight to my question. What does actually make up an external hack? What does it make external or internal? If I invoke a jump in a game by calling it's engine function called jump, does it make it internal? Or is it still external because i modify the memeory of the jump function to true?
Forgive me for any typos, i am on my phone.
Thank you in advance!

rN'

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 19, 2014
I guess you're going to write a Hack for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive because you're asking for VAC3. An external Hack can be writtin in a .dll or .exe.
You create a handle to the process with the right rights to use ReadProcessMemory() and WriteProcessMemory().
In an internal Hack you don't need a handle because you're in the thread. So from the .dll you can hook something like CreateMove or PaintTraverse. In the hook you can write your aimbot / esp etc..

I prefer internal because you can do much more than external. And external isn't more secure as internal.

geo10

Nov 26, 2013
Hmmm, that needs a bit of clean up for me. __asm is an assembly call right? Most of the typical hacking functions can be done with external too right? Which is more safe against an anti-cheat software?

geo10

Nov 26, 2013
What do you know about the current VAC3? I have heard it scans for process handles, right?

geo10

Nov 26, 2013
I see, that clarifies a lot. As for VAC3, I am making up my mind about CS:GO yes, it's just i need to figure out what does it check for, also some knowledge about the engine.
One question though, you say that it's easier to write a hook, and there inject my own files, Fleep's let's say aimbot video features and injector, but most of the code is done with RPM/WPM, so that makes it an external hack, am I right?

Menalix

Trump Tier Donator
Jan 24, 2014
The easiest difference is that an external hack is a .exe and an internal hack is .dll (at least most of the times).

Refering to your example it depends on how you call the original function. If you call it from a dll like __asm{call dwJumpfunc} it's internal. If you call it with a remote thread from an external process it's external.
That's not the difference at all.

Like if we want to inject a managed .NET application into a Native Process, the managed .net application would have to be compiled as a .exe as an example, because dll's in .NET can't / doesn't have an entrypoint.

The core difference between being internal and external, is simple

When being external: we're are outside of the process, which means our cheat-code operates by using remote procedure calls to the game process, we can not directly use the games functions and such as we're not inside.
When being internal: we're inside the process by injecting our code to the process, we can operate with remote procedure calls (which is slow and stupid if you anyways inside) our directly speak with the code of the process we're inside which is what makes internal cheats better and faster.

Internal = inside / a part of the process
External = outside / not a part of the process, but in a process apart from the game process.

Menalix

Trump Tier Donator
Jan 24, 2014
I know that my example/explanation wasn't 100% correct - that's why I wrote "at least most of the time". I know the difference between a compiled dll and a compiled exe - only a few bytes in the header. Both are PEs. Further on my example was correct.
And I don't care about .NET anyways. C++ master race.
I know you said but still that hasen't anything to do with internal or external.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
I think valuable information from both your posts gives the OP a solid answer to his question. Rejoice.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods