Mar 25, 2018
Game Name
Call of Duty: Black Ops 1,2,3,4,CW
How long you been coding/hacking?
1 year
Coding Language
C, C++
Hi all,

I have a particular interest in CoD modding/hacking which stems back to BO1 on the PS3 when I saw people doing CRAZY things like spawning zombies in multiplayer, using the raygun, turning on godmode and infinite ammo in zombies, spawning all kinds of weapons, and so so much more.

I was wondering if it could be possible to do that over PC? I don't have any experience or knowledge about CoD hacking, the anticheat, or how the game mechanics work.
If not, how are people able to do such crazy mods over console and not PC?

Rake

I'm not your friend
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
In a console game, one player often hosts the lobby and therefore is the server, and can do whatever they want, that is why these sort of server sided things can occur.

Some PC games use the peer 2 peer hosted "lobby" as well, but this is not common nowadays because of these issues. Most games use dedicated servers where this is not possible.

Read: Guide - What does Server Sided mean? Can't change online variables?

knedit

What even is an endian anyway
Trump Tier Donator
Nov 9, 2020
Im not super qualified in this, but consoles tend to not have as much anticheat as PC as developers dont expect people to try to hack as much on console.
Its easy to run your own code on a PC so devs put an anticheat there but its much, much harder on console.

If you want to cheat on console with a modmenu or whatever then you need to get code execution there, and good luck with that on anything newer than an xbox 360.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods