Off Topic Comptia A+ Certification

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Anyone A+ certified? I'm studying for test now, shouldn't be too hard but wondering what other people thought about the test itself.

PwndDepot

I has a status
Dank Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nov 5, 2014
Im actually studying for that and the security+ one right now. From what ive heard it's not too difficut, but someone told me there's 2 different tests or something? One for software and one for hardware i think.

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
I did the cisco it essentials which afaik is aligned to comptia a+.
PwndDepot how is the security+ one? I was thinking to maybe do it too

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
what is this exactly?
Comptia A+ is the first certification you get if you're working in IT. It's mostly basic hardware knowledge so that you can troubleshoot computer problems at the IT Help Desk level. People say, if you have 1 Year experience in the field then you can pass the test. But it covers topics from 1980-2016 so some of the stuff you will only learn from books. The hands on knowledge will be easy, it's the stupid shit like "What IRQL does a COM port use?", "What does CMOS stand for?" that will trip you up. I think I can pass now but don't want to fail because I didn't do a bit of studying first :retard:

Basically in USA if you have 6 months work experience, A+ and Networking+ certifications you can apply to IT Help Desk Jobs that pay 40-50k/year and at least get a phone interview. So that's my plan at the moment now that I've switched careers and sure as hell ain't going back to college

Comptia Website said:
CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues.

CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures.
You have to pass both exams, 900 series exams are the new versions as of June 2016

cNoEvil

Coder
Nobleman
Jun 6, 2016
oh COM ports i've fucked with (arduino) and i've not done anything with CMOS since i built my pc. So basic stuff you on the norm if you program fuck with at one point in time?

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
Trying to get certified here too, plus I just got back into college as well... Got to get out of this fucking restaurant asap.
I've got a friend who may be able to help me out with a reference at Apple but, I'm worried that's just another retail black hole lol

Rake, I thought you were already doing the help-desk thing?

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Traxin Restaurant eh? I was a chef/food service director for 13 years, I finally had enough and just started working as a computer Bench Technician the past 4 months. Hope I made a good decision :smile:

PwndDepot

I has a status
Dank Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nov 5, 2014
till0sch the security one is a lot of fun. I know most of it so far. It's not super detailed but broadly goes over the vast amount of attack vectors including physical security too which was kinda cool since I never even thought about that before. I'm taking a class at my local community college that preps me for it, it's a fun class we just talk about hacking the whole time.

I suck so bad at hardware but i'm slowly figuring it out. I've never built my own computer, never even installed a hard drive before... Gonna take the A+ next summer, focusing on security right now.
Rake idk how you survived that for 13 years, i woulda hung myself or shot up the place by then :dontsay:

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Been slacking on the studying, need to get it going again :(

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods