Discuss Code obfuscation/encryption

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

misq

Aug 8, 2014
Hey guys,
Like in title, is it better to obfuscate code by programsided function or using another program?
Well, i found some programs like themida or axcrypt to encrypt file..
Should i use public programs or write simple cryptor by myself?
What u think bout it?

Cheers

Johnyx

Jul 9, 2014
I heard it's possible to encrypt the file very easily. The most used known idea i have is using a server where you can store your sensible data. Most used by Cheat creator otherwise the leak is possible.

wolf22j

Coder
Nobleman
Mar 19, 2014
What for? To make it harder for someone to reverse engineer your hack, or for signature scans from anticheats like VAC?

misq

Aug 8, 2014
Well, mostly to make it harder for someone to reverse engineer program, but im also interested in second option. They're many ways to change sigs from antycheats.

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
Well, mostly to make it harder for someone to reverse engineer program, but im also interested in second option. They're many ways to change sigs from antycheats.
If that's the case, use a separate packer. Don't include the decryption routine in along with the program cause that's just kinda silly.
Be aware most packers leave some sort of signature so if it's a public packer there might already exist an unpacker.

I hear VMProtect is hard af to reverse though so you might want to check that one out too.

misq

Aug 8, 2014
How bout junkies inside my code? Yeah, i heard bout VMProtect, ima check it later

wolf22j

Coder
Nobleman
Mar 19, 2014
Yeah like Traxin said, a lot of packers have unpackers floating around, making it easy for any novice reverse engineer to unpack it. The best of both worlds is using stuff like vmprotect. The virtualization of your code makes signature scanning pretty useless in most cases, and also gives reverse engineers a harder time. For most people they wouldn't spend the time REing your software with something like vmprotect unless they had something big to gain from it

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods