Discuss Cloud Gaming ~ Hacking Killer?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012

With Titanfall coming out in the next few weeks, I was looking into it a bit more, considering to preorder, and I came across some news saying that Titanfall would be almost completely server-sided processing. This is some pretty cool technology, but does this mean the days of simply manipulating memory client-sided are over?

Now, there obviously has to be some elements that are left client-sided, but from what I've read it's very minimal. Even the AI processing is done server-sided.

Is packet editing going to be the only approach in the future?

A lot of hacks will still be manageable on the client side regardless of where the processing is done, but it is significantly less than a primarily client-sided game.

What are your guy's thoughts?

-Crazywink

GAFO666

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Aug 19, 2012
isnt it made with source engine ? means TitanFall, I heared that from some1 at least.. if its true it wont be such a big deal since CSS etc is made with it as well, just wondering which proctections this game will have hmm

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012
isnt it made with source engine ? means TitanFall, I heared that from some1 at least.. if its true it wont be such a big deal since CSS etc is made with it as well, just wondering which proctections this game will have hmm
Oh wow it is made with Source Engine, I had no idea. XD Fail. XD Shouldn't be much of a challenge then. I'm sure if it's Source Engine it will just be standard VAC3. :)

GAFO666

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Aug 19, 2012
Oh wow it is made with Source Engine, I had no idea. XD Fail. XD Shouldn't be much of a challenge then. I'm sure if it's Source Engine it will just be standard VAC3. :)
I just heared it from some1, so Im not sure, but it would be great :D

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013

With Titanfall coming out in the next few weeks, I was looking into it a bit more, considering to preorder, and I came across some news saying that Titanfall would be almost completely server-sided processing. This is some pretty cool technology, but does this mean the days of simply manipulating memory client-sided are over?

Now, there obviously has to be some elements that are left client-sided, but from what I've read it's very minimal. Even the AI processing is done server-sided.

Is packet editing going to be the only approach in the future?

A lot of hacks will still be manageable on the client side regardless of where the processing is done, but it is significantly less than a primarily client-sided game.

What are your guy's thoughts?

-Crazywink
Internet speeds aren't really capable of doing everything server sided yet but it will probably happen one day sadly.

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012
Internet speeds aren't fast enough to do it optimally yet unless you have Google Fiber or another gigabit connection speed, but it's not stopping them, they've already tested it with their beta and apparently the latency isn't great but playable. I think it will be upon us sooner than we'd like.. :/

Last edited:

gnuzim

Jr.Coder
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 28, 2012
Well, i've played Beta test, it doesn't seem to be server side, but as they said, Beta test is a completly different version of the game, if this is true, lets hope it will not lag us lol!
It is based on Source Engine, but if they are doing all those changes its possible that not much will left from its original Source :/

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012
Well, i've played Beta test, it doesn't seem to be server side, but as they said, Beta test is a completly different version of the game, if this is true, lets hope it will not lag us lol!
It is based on Source Engine, but if they are doing all those changes its possible that not much will left from its original Source :/
Apparently the server sided processing was tested on the Xbox One since that was one of it's major selling points, I'm not sure if the beta on PC had it, but they have confirmed that the cloud gaming will be on all platforms at launch. It'll be interesting to see, that's for sure. My guess is they'll have servers that are completely server sided then other servers that are just dedicated servers like normal since not everyone has the bandwidth to stream that kind of data.

The rapture is upon us! :p

gnuzim

Jr.Coder
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 28, 2012
They are innovating, but seems pretty high investiment on servers!
The game is pretty fun, my guess is no matter what they do, there will always be hacks:p

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
They are innovating, but seems pretty high investiment on servers!
The game is pretty fun, my guess is no matter what they do, there will always be hacks:p
Yeah you can never fully stop hackers. Might just be time for more innovation.

gnuzim

Jr.Coder
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 28, 2012
"If Maome doesn't go to the Mountain, the Mountain goes to Maome"

Next generation of gaming hack will be packet editing and exploit servers to get entity informations! :D

Kidding, not impossible though!

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Don't think cloud-based-streamed games will become widespread within the next few years. Most likely just optimization alike stuff, eg. you don't get information on enemies not visible, far away etc. Hacking still very much possible. I remember WoT had a pretty good visibility checks based transmitting of entities soon after appeared an occlusion exploit that let you see everyone on the map ;)

gnuzim

Jr.Coder
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 28, 2012
Isn't there a way to modify the servers then?
I won't say 100% sure it can be modified, but in most cases, yes, you just need to find a good way to access the server and i'm pretty sure it won't be that easy!

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Isn't there a way to modify the servers then?
Is there an easier way to go to jail?

Cloud gaming or not, I have never seen people hack the game (master?)servers just for some lulz.

NTvalk

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jul 6, 2013
Hacking servers? Let's not even try to do that :D
But it doesnt have to be a streamed (cloud) game if alot of information is server sided.
Look at MOBA games for example (league, dota), alot of data is server sided so there simply is no hack for it.

EDIT: Wikipedia: "The game uses Microsoft's cloud computing services to offload non-player activity to servers and optimize the home computer for graphical performance."
So it does use cloud computing?

EDIT2: "And they’ll host our game servers for other platforms, too! Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360"
So yes apparently it does, also for PC.

So the term "cloud gaming" is pretty vague, since in this game the whole game is not streamed, just a lot of data. Am i right?

Last edited:

gnuzim

Jr.Coder
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 28, 2012
Hacking servers? Let's not even try to do that :D
But it doesnt have to be a streamed (cloud) game if alot of information is server sided.
Look at MOBA games for example (league, dota), alot of data is server sided so there simply is no hack for it.

EDIT: Wikipedia: "The game uses Microsoft's cloud computing services to offload non-player activity to servers and optimize the home computer for graphical performance."
So it does use cloud computing?

EDIT2: "And they’ll host our game servers for other platforms, too! Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360"
So yes apparently it does, also for PC.

So the term "cloud gaming" is pretty vague, since in this game the whole game is not streamed, just a lot of data. Am i right?
Good point, but still possible to hack servers, the only reason it doesn't happen in my opinion is: Not that easy to hack a server and get arested just to get enemies position does not worth it!

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012
The reason people don't mess with server sided stuffz is for one, most people don't know anything about packets and then the biggy is the fact that you can be charged with a felony for manipulating data on a server (In the U.S.). People don't want to have the potential risk of 15 years is prison so they can haz uber hacks in a game. XP

Change leads to innovation though so I'm sure if it becomes popularized then hacking methods will of course evolve.

If it ever does require any sort of packet editing, I definitely won't be on the scene. :p

Last edited:

gnuzim

Jr.Coder
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 28, 2012
I don't think packet editing will help, since u will only receive what the server sends, you can only manipulate your packet!
I'm not an expert on packets, but if we follow the logic we are screwed! lol

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.