Tutorial Cheat Engine Tutorial Pt. 1

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
If you're reading this, it most likely means I still haven't finished this. Now to the tutorial! So, I'm going to be doing a series of tutorials on Cheat Engine. You can get the program from https://cheatengine.org/. Lets start with some basic terms that will be used in this part.

Value - Your number. Easy enough, right?

Value Type - This is the type of value that you may have.

These are the value types.

Binary - 1 and 0. Used by most computers.

Byte - Usually the numbers 1 and 0 for things like on and off. Ranges from 0 to 255.

2 Bytes - Values between 0 and 65536.

4 Bytes - Values between 0 and 4394967295. Seeing a pattern?

8 Bytes - Values between 0 and 18446744073709551614.

Float and Double - These are also methods that data is stored, float also being able to hold decimals.

These are the basic and mostly used value types.
Now to the fun part :D

Step 1:
Open Cheat Engine.

Step 2:
There is an icon in the upper corner that looks like a REALLY old computer. Click that. This will bring up a long list of processes, most of which you will never mess with, and probably shouldn't. Find the process of the game that you want to change values on.

Step 3:
This is the fun part. So you have a certain amount of money lets say. Take that number, and put it into the search bar on cheat engine. Do a first scan, and also make sure you're on 4 Bytes. Don't worry if it takes a while to scan, or if you come up with 100,000,000 results or more. This is completely normal.

Step 4:
Somehow change your money in the game, then type your new number. Repeat this until you are shaved down to one number.

TADAAAAAA! You now have an address! Double click it to add it to your list, where you can double click the number box and change it. There should be a box all the way to the left of your new address, and if you click that it will freeze the number, and keep it where it is.

Sidenote:
There may be a chance that the value type isn't the type that your number is stored in. This is where it may get a little tricky. You want to change your Value Type from 4 Byte to Float or Double. Sometimes it may even be stored in 8 Byte, but that's a tad bit rare!

Yes, this is the most basic as it gets when it comes to Cheat Engine, but I hope maybe it will help those who haven't used it before :D Hope this helps, and happy hacking! Requests, or suggestions, or any ideas would be awesome. If I make another tutorial, it will definitely have more info and also pictures to help guide you in it.

Last edited:

Pinkieseb

Dec 23, 2013
Sounds good! I'll be sure to tune in xD
Will this be youtube/commentary, or a written tutorial? :)

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
I don't really have the internet for YouTube (15 kbps), so this will be primarily written. Also, personally I find written tutorials a bit easier to follow :p

TastyHorror

Coder
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Oct 11, 2012
Not to be rude or anything, but why doesn't anyone do the cheat engine tutorial? It is really informative, and is easy to understand.

Pinkieseb

Dec 23, 2013
Are you talking about Fleeps tutorial?
If so, its a great tutorial but theres still more to learn xD

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
TastyHorror
I do understand there is a tutorial, but up to a certain point maybe, or if you're brand new to CE, you may wish to see a more in depth and descriptive way to do it.

Syperus

RTFM
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 29, 2012
Well you might want to finish your tutorial pretty quick cause you only get like a day and a half to edit your posts. After that you have to have a mod edit it for you. Maybe in the future write out your tutorial first then post and modify any errors you find? :)

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Should I do a tutorial on the memory searcher? Like how to find addresses that may be stored in the same area as money or health or ammo and such.

Also Syperus
Yeah I probably should have done that :p

Pinkieseb

Dec 23, 2013
Should I do a tutorial on the memory searcher? Like how to find addresses that may be stored in the same area as money or health or ammo and such.

I think something cool would be how to find unknown health value's in a faster way. Because there are some FPS where u cant do damage to yourself to change the value. So it would be nice to learn a much faster way to find static values xD

Syperus

RTFM
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 29, 2012
I think something cool would be how to find unknown health value's in a faster way. Because there are some FPS where u cant do damage to yourself to change the value. So it would be nice to learn a much faster way to find static values xD
Which FPS games don't allow you to take damage yourself? Everyone I've played allowed me to nade myself or take damage from falling. Just curious. :) Anyways if you need to you could always take damage from enemy, pause the process, perform scan. Rinse and repeat. If your using cheat engine you can assign these keys so you can continuously perform the scans while staying in-game. Just a tip, most games store health as a float. ;-)

Pinkieseb

Dec 23, 2013
Which FPS games don't allow you to take damage yourself? Everyone I've played allowed me to nade myself or take damage from falling. Just curious. :) Anyways if you need to you could always take damage from enemy, pause the process, perform scan. Rinse and repeat. If your using cheat engine you can assign these keys so you can continuously perform the scans while staying in-game. Just a tip, most games store health as a float. ;-)
Yeah I dont mean like that, but theres one two grenades in the game I play. And once your in a fight, one of you are going to die. Bullets are really overpowered in this game xD
Okay, I'll google how to keybind that would help! Thanks ;)

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods