Solved Cheat Engine crashes "find out what accesses this address"

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Vanish_

Jun 1, 2014
I'm having a problem at the moment whenever I get the offset and hex of a certain value when I search for the hex and pick a random hex out of the results and turn it into a pointer the game crashes.

Problem:
1. Find Value(Find Out What Accesses this Address)
2. Grabs offset and hex
3. Searches Hex
4. Picks a random hex out of the result(usually first or second)
5. Applies Offset
6. Right clicks pointer(Find Out What Accesses this Address)
7. Crash

My debugger is veh by the way. So when I attempt to click on find out what accesses this address on the pointer my game just crashes.

Broihon

edgy 12 y/o
Escobar Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 22, 2013
Are you using the VEH debugger? In case you want to check that got to Edit → Settings → Debugger Options → Debugger method → Use VEH Debugger
If you can't select VEH restart Cheat Engine and change the debugger before attaching to a process.

If that doesn't fix your problem you should try picking bigger addresses. You said that "4. Picks a random hex out of the result(usually first or second)" but the first second or maybe 100 addresses can be addresses on the so called threadstack and that memory region gets accessed probably a few million times per second and debugging that with Cheat Engine is impossible.

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
Are you using the VEH debugger? In case you want to check that got to Edit → Settings → Debugger Options → Debugger method → Use VEH Debugger
If you can't select VEH restart Cheat Engine and change the debugger before attaching to a process.
:facepalm:

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods