Solved char* or std::string in my hacks

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

steve612

Trump Tier Donator
Jun 7, 2014
Hello guys,
i was wondering what is better to use char arrays or string for text in any hack? I prefer strings because your can send strings by reference but does strings are easy detectable than char*? thanks

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
char* is sometimes easier, sometimes more annoying
std::string is better and in addition, std::string::c_str() returns a char array so it's easy to switch

Last edited:

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
I stay away from std for as long as possible for my hacks.

steve612

Trump Tier Donator
Jun 7, 2014
I want to create a bool function, which is called getvehiclename, and i want to send a char array or string as parameter so it is changed. there are some pointer checks in the function, so if anything is wrong it returns false and so on... i know how to do that with string, but i am not sure if it's possible with char*name. I ll prefer to use char* because that's what i am using in my hack so far. When i try to do that with char* the variable remains null.

Also I use library <string> not std

rN'

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 19, 2014
I like C++11 and std::string contain some nice and easy to use functions. So I'm using std::string

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods