Solved Chams-like function externally CS:GO

• CSGO recently moved logic from 'client_panorama.dll' to 'client.dll', you must update all code that uses 'client_panorama.dll' and replace it with 'client.dll' or the code will not work.
Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

p0tat0

Oct 20, 2014
Even though I am currently not at a point in my learning process where I feel I could put anything I learn into practice at once, at times there is questions that I am curious about. At some point I would probably like to make a "cheat" with Chams that are not visible through walls, not necessarily chams but something that makes the player models a lot easier to distinguish. Is this possible to achieve without going internal? Writing internals seems like a hassle.

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
Chams work like this:

Step 1: You disable depth check, apply a bright coloured texture/shader/whatever to the model, then draw it.
Step 2: You then enable depth check, apply a bright coloured texture/shader/whatever to the model, then draw it

Simply don't do the first step.

Last edited:

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Writing internal is a lot easier than external. Don't rush ahead of your studies, you are asking something you could entirely search and read about on your own.

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
Writing internal is a lot easier than external. Don't rush ahead of your studies, you are asking something you could entirely search and read about on your own.
Do you really think a internal is easier than external? What makes you think that it is?

I'm not being condescending, just want to truthfully know because i started with external and haven't tried internal.
To me the idea of reading and writing to a memory address makes much more sense than hooking functions & importing drawing libraries.

Keen on everyone's opinion on this as well, not just C5.

p0tat0

Oct 20, 2014
You are missing the point of the thread. Hint: it was not to start some internal vs external discussion.

Oh I have searched and I have read and I've found nothing that answers my question.

Last edited:

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
You are missing the point of the thread. Hint: it was not to start some internal vs external discussion.

Oh I have searched and I have read and I've found nothing that answers my question.
I think he's hinting at the fact that for CSGO you can both create a cham-like cheat using CS:GOs built in Glow feature. Which can be called both via WPM and hooking the function, how you approach it is up to you.

p0tat0

Oct 20, 2014
I think he's hinting at the fact that for CSGO you can both create a cham-like cheat using CS:GOs built in Glow feature. Which can be called both via WPM and hooking the function, how you approach it is up to you.
I guess I could use glow. Does the built in glow feature automatically show through walls or can I utilize it anyway I want? I realize I could do vis check if I want it only when they are visible if that is the case, but I'd rather learn to do internals and do chams the normal way than to do some crappy vis check via bsp parsing.

Chams work like this:

Step 1: You disable depth check, apply a bright coloured texture/shader/whatever to the model, then draw it.
Step 2: You then enable depth check, apply a bright coloured texture/shader/whatever to the model, then draw it

Simply don't do the first step.
Read my whole post. Wether or not it is possible to do without disabling depth check was not part of the question, because that is pretty obvious that you can. The question was whether you could do something like what I described in an external cheat.

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
I guess I could use glow. Does the built in glow feature automatically show through walls or can I utilize it anyway I want? I realize I could do vis check if I want it only when they are visible if that is the case, but I'd rather learn to do internals and do chams the normal way than to do some crappy vis check via bsp parsing.

Read my whole post. Wether or not it is possible to do without disabling depth check was not part of the question, because that is pretty obvious that you can. The question was whether you could do something like what I described in an external cheat.
You didn't say you specifically wanted external, only that internal seems like a hassle. Your best bet is glow, anything else will require hooking.

p0tat0

Oct 20, 2014
You didn't say you specifically wanted external, only that internal seems like a hassle. Your best bet is glow, anything else will require hooking.
Sorry if I was unclear. I felt that I was implying external by "Is this possible to achieve without going internal?". Do you know if the glow function shows through wall in it's own nature or if I can use it whatever way I want?

I can't hook D3D "outside of the game"? I'm guessing it's a game specific "package" and has to be hooked from within the game just like I would have to do if I wanted to hook and use a game function, yes?

Broihon

edgy 12 y/o
Escobar Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 22, 2013
Do you really think a internal is easier than external? What makes you think that it is?

I'm not being condescending, just want to truthfully know because i started with external and haven't tried internal.
To me the idea of reading and writing to a memory address makes much more sense than hooking functions & importing drawing libraries.

Keen on everyone's opinion on this as well, not just C5.
Sorry for being offtopic but:
Internal is much easier than external. When you do external hacking you have to do everything with the shitty process handle and stupid Read/Write.
But when you're internal you can easily c-cast (bad style but working) on addresses for easy reading/writing. And when you're internal the amount of possibilities is much higher (detouring, codecaving...).

p0tat0

Oct 20, 2014
Вroihon;34954 said:
Sorry for being offtopic but:
Internal is much easier than external. When you do external hacking you have to do everything with the shitty process handle and stupid Read/Write.
But when you're internal you can easily c-cast (bad style but working) on addresses for easy reading/writing. And when you're internal the amount of possibilities is much higher (detouring, codecaving...).
I get that your granted much more freedoms, options and make a lot of stuff easier. However out of a newbies perspective there's so much more I have to learn to be able to make internals and also developing and debugging internals seem like it consumes a lot more time.

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
I get that your granted much more freedoms, options and make a lot of stuff easier. However out of a newbies perspective there's so much more I have to learn to be able to make internals and also developing and debugging internals seem like it consumes a lot more time.
This is true, debugging can be much harder, but you get used to it eventually. I'm not 100% sure but as far as I know glow only works through walls. I don't really play GO so don't quote me on that.

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
Yep, test this, go onto the spectator team and press the ingame hotkey for glow. That'll give you an idea of how it looks. The only difference is that when you WPM it, you can set the RGB value and the opacity cause you can edit the whole glow struct .

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods