Solved Can you debug/memory scan manuallly?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalist

Jul 5, 2015
I was wondering if you could memory scan without those detectable debuggers/programs such as Cheat Engine and Ollydbg. Could you search for them in a more secure way? I've been banned from games simply for using cheat engine / ollydbg in singleplayer on Steam.

ranseier

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 26, 2015
same question here.
any information about how to make cheat engine undetected?

Broihon

edgy 12 y/o
Escobar Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 22, 2013
I was wondering if you could memory scan without those detectable debuggers/programs such as Cheat Engine and Ollydbg. Could you search for them in a more secure way? I've been banned from games simply for using cheat engine / ollydbg in singleplayer on Steam.
Of course you can just use ReadProcessMemory/WriteProcessMemory instead of CE or if you're internal c++-casts. Anticheats can detect that though.

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Best thing you can do is to write your own memory scanner. Cheat Engine is open source, so you can see how they did everything.

Kalist

Jul 5, 2015
Wouldn't that require you to have knowledge of reverse engineering on a professional level? Searching for static memory addresses in a game? I imagine it would take years to find addresses manually instead of letting Ollydbg do it. Maybe it's easier to just turn off VAC and use the debuggers? Heard people managed to get around the problem that way. It's just that I've never seen anyone attempting to locate memory manually, maybe because it's too daunting a task?

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
VAC has never bothered me whilst i've used the public binary for CE, so imo it's not really a issue.

Cheat Engine is open source
@Kalist Recompile it, if you're that paranoid, compare the checksums. I believe this is truly overkill though.
Just do all your debugging in offline mode with sv_lan and insecure enabled.

Oh and of course, don't forget the tin foil hat ;)

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Wouldn't that require you to have knowledge of reverse engineering on a professional level? Searching for static memory addresses in a game? I imagine it would take years to find addresses manually instead of letting Ollydbg do it. Maybe it's easier to just turn off VAC and use the debuggers? Heard people managed to get around the problem that way. It's just that I've never seen anyone attempting to locate memory manually, maybe because it's too daunting a task?
Writing a memory scanner is not as hard as you may think it is :p. Just use VirtualQuery, and scan each good page for your value. As for writing a debugger like Olly, there are several libraries out there that let you convert Assembly opcodes into their mnemonics. The rest is writing the debugger, and there's plenty of information around the net on that topic.

As for finding pointers, scan for addresses, read their values, check if the value matches your dynamic addy. If it does add it to the list of pointers.

You wouldn't need tons of RE knowledge, just a will to learn and expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods