Calling a function of a game inside a function hook

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

beyondnoob

Aug 29, 2017
How can you call a game function inside a function hook?

For example, I hooked the recv function of winsock. Then, I examined a packet. This packet has the value of my current hp. I check the hp. If it's lower than the constant hp threshold I will call a game function that uses an item to heal my hp.
Is it possible to call that game function without crashing the application?

I tried and watch the execution in the debugger it's calling the game function of use item. However, it crashes the application. I think it's probably because of registers? The stack is fine btw.

I'm wondering why I when calling the send function of winsock inside the recv function does not crash. But when I call a game function other than send it crashes. Is it because i'm in a different module? or You can't call a function in a different module? But I followed the execution in the debugger and when the call to use item is executed it really goes to that function. Help me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods