Nobleman
Aug 14, 2012
Declare the function above DllMain.

C++:
using namespace std;

DWORD WINAPI LoopFunction( LPVOID lpParam );

BOOL WINAPI DllMain (...
And learn programming ;)
An alternative would be to move the 'LoopFunction' before main and therefore declaring it first.

K^2

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks guys, I've heard that "Ivor Horton's Beginning C++" books are good, but there's so many, which ones are the best?

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Thanks guys, I've heard that "Ivor Horton's Beginning C++" books are good, but there's so many, which ones are the best?
I've read C++ Primer 6th edition and another one I don't remember anymore. Besides www.learncpp.com is a great place to start.

K^2

Mar 25, 2013
I've read C++ Primer 6th edition and another one I don't remember anymore. Besides www.learncpp.com is a great place to start.
I'm not too keen on learning console applications, I don't see how learning stuff in console will help me with game hacking or DirectX and Windows forms stuff?

Thankyou for the link, I've bookmarked it and will view it when I have more time.

Last edited:

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
I'm not too keen on learning console applications, I don't see how learning stuff in console will help me with game hacking or DirectX and Windows forms stuff?

Thankyou for the link, I've bookmarked it and will view it when I have more time.
You are not simple learning how to especially program console applications but how to program as a whole.. It's just the most simple and straightforward way to teach the basis of programming.

K^2

Mar 25, 2013
You are not simple learning how to especially program console applications but how to program as a whole.. It's just the most simple and straightforward way to teach the basis of programming.
So which resources do I need to view for learning the more advanced C++ programming, such as hacking and using DirectX to display things and creating DLL/ASI files?

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
So which resources do I need to view for learning the more advanced C++ programming, such as hacking and using DirectX to display things and creating DLL/ASI files?
You can't learn advanced c++ before you have learned basics ;) That's the reason you need to handle starting off by creating console applications, we've all been there mate

K^2

Mar 25, 2013
You can't learn advanced c++ before you have learned basics ;) That's the reason you need to handle starting off by creating console applications, we've all been there mate
I've done it a million times though, it bores me..

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Apparently not mate. You made that thread regarding something very very basic. Far from advanced c++ programming. If you want to be good at hacking, take a year and learn c++, after that feel free to explore the world of directx, reverse engineering, etc. Best in the long run

K^2

Mar 25, 2013
Apparently not mate. You made that thread regarding something very very basic. Far from advanced c++ programming. If you want to be good at hacking, take a year and learn c++, after that feel free to explore the world of directx, reverse engineering, etc. Best in the long run
Thanks for the help buddy, appreciate it.

xploiitz

Coder
Fleep Tier Donator
Trump Tier Donator
Nobleman
Jul 26, 2012
For our purposes there is NOTHING that a console app cant do that a windows app can.... youre just giving your self more head ache to deal with using windows forms.
Just about all of the tutorials out there start out using the console.

you dont "need" a GUI so you can inject , make directx hacks etc....etc.

So yes using a console WILL help you learn hacking , because it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that its a console. The hacking part of it has to be written by you anyway regardless of how it looks.

Have fun!

K^2

Mar 25, 2013
For our purposes there is NOTHING that a console app cant do that a windows app can.... youre just giving your self more head ache to deal with using windows forms.
Just about all of the tutorials out there start out using the console.

you dont "need" a GUI so you can inject , make directx hacks etc....etc.

So yes using a console WILL help you learn hacking , because it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that its a console. The hacking part of it has to be written by you anyway regardless of how it looks.

Have fun!
Thanks for the help guys, just started learning on learncpp.com, I've just started Chapter 3.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods