Tutorial Bypass Windows Defender Offline Boot Loop

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Found an interesting problem at work that I couldn't find a fix for by googling so I wanted to share it with the internet

Recently in a Windows 10 update the ability to do an Offline Windows Defender scan before Windows starts was added. If you ever use this functionality or Windows decides to run it based on some infection it is possible that it can get stuck in a Windows Defender Offline boot loop. It scans, reboots, scans reboots and you can never get into Windows. It looks like this

I was able fix the problem by re-enabling Safe Mode activation by pressing F8 after POST. In Windows 8-10 this feature has been disabled so you just re-enable it, enter safe mode and then reboot and the boot loop will be bypassed. This is done by modifying the BCD record to enable "legacy" mode

1. Boot to Windows 10 install media
  2. "Repair Computer"
  3. Open Command Prompt
  4. run:
  5. "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy"
  6. Reboot
  7. Press f8 after POST
  8. Enter Safe Mode
  9. Reboot computer

Sadly it's a wierd bug that causes this and it can happen anytime after you've used the Windows Defender Offline scanner even just 1 time. Thanks Microshit!

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods