Solved Base pointer / adress trouble

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

user123

Jul 8, 2014
Im trying to get the base pointer/ base adress/whatever you want to call it.
I already found a working dynamic adress for the health variable.
So I can already change my health to whatever I want, but I just need the base pointer so I can use it in a C++ trainer or so.
The game in question is Serious Sam double D XXL.

Problem is: When I attach the debugger, I cannot find any mov /add / sub assembly instructions.
It gives me really weird thing, look at these screenshots:
screenie2.png
screenie3.PNG
Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

Last edited:

Kyte

Jul 9, 2014
I gave it a try and that's what I got too, I couldn't get further with manual scan so used CE's pointer scan option at 5 levels. I narrowed it down to a handful of pointers with the base address of 'xnavisualizer.dll +0000A4BC'. Just find out the base address of the dll in SSGame and add that offset and you've got your pointer base address. I done this and tested it in a basic trainer and it worked fine, updating the health to 100 every x milliseconds.

C#:
string HealthPointer = "73CAA4BC";
int[] HealthOffset = {0x144, 0x4C, 0xBC, 0x04, 0x08};
int HealthInc = 100;
Oh yeah and don't forget it's a float value, so when converting to byte for the value you're writing I used:
C#:
byte[] valueToWrite = BitConverter.GetBytes((float)HealthInc);
Edit:
Just reread your post. Did you attach the debugger with 'find out what writes to this address' or 'find out what access this address'? I used the latter and had 1 extra operation in my debugger which was an "fsubr dword ptr [eax]" just before the fstp. fsubr is a subtraction instruction, I nop'd it and it had the same effect of unlimited health, though the health value was locked at about 10.

Last edited:

user123

Jul 8, 2014
I gave it a try and that's what I got too, I couldn't get further with manual scan so used CE's pointer scan option at 5 levels. I narrowed it down to a handful of pointers with the base address of 'xnavisualizer.dll +0000A4BC'. Just find out the base address of the dll in SSGame and add that offset and you've got your pointer base address. I done this and tested it in a basic trainer and it worked fine, updating the health to 100 every x milliseconds.

C#:
string HealthPointer = "73CAA4BC";
int[] HealthOffset = {0x144, 0x4C, 0xBC, 0x04, 0x08};
int HealthInc = 100;
Oh yeah and don't forget it's a float value, so when converting to byte for the value you're writing I used:
C#:
byte[] valueToWrite = BitConverter.GetBytes((float)HealthInc);
Edit:
Just reread your post. Did you attach the debugger with 'find out what writes to this address' or 'find out what access this address'? I used the latter and had 1 extra operation in my debugger which was an "fsubr dword ptr [eax]" just before the fstp. fsubr is a subtraction instruction, I nop'd it and it had the same effect of unlimited health, though the health value was locked at about 10.
I tried the pointer scan, but got like a million results. I must have done something wrong.
When trying "find out what accesses this adress" I get this:
screenie4.PNG
Which returns again the dynamic adress that is useless...
I have no idea what to do now, please help.

Kyte

Jul 9, 2014
If you look at your debugger results you will see an instruction with the offset [eax+edx*4+08], since EDX has a value of 0 the level 1 pointer is just eax with offset 08. Following the manual method for finding base addresses and search for the hex value of that pointer, I got 1 result. Manually add the address of that result as a pointer with the offset of 8 (as type float) and it should point to the health. Keep following it back repeating as normal to find your base address.

Hope this helps some, heres a screenshot incase I haven't explained very well.

Last edited:

user123

Jul 8, 2014
Wow, I think I finally found it.
I will probably get this to work, if not, ill let you know.
But this whole process was really confusing, so many different values, what to add to what etc.
I found it out of dumb luck, I just tried every possible combination and accidently got it to work.
Anyways thanks for the help, ill update later.
screenie8.jpg

user123

Jul 8, 2014
If you look at your debugger results you will see an instruction with the offset [eax+edx*4+08], since EDX has a value of 0 the level 1 pointer is just eax with offset 08. Following the manual method for finding base addresses and search for the hex value of that pointer, I got 1 result. Manually add the address of that result as a pointer with the offset of 8 (as type float) and it should point to the health. Keep following it back repeating as normal to find your base address.

Hope this helps some, heres a screenshot incase I haven't explained very well.

Dammit, I was wrong, I did not find the base pointer. Ignore my reply earlier.
I can get the results just like in your screenshot, but the adress that is supposed to be the base pointer changes every time you restart the game.
if I do "view what accesses this adress" on the "fake pointer", I get another useless dynamic adress pointer.
Ive done this like 5 or 6 times, each time with different dynamic useless adresses.
Do you know what I have done wrong?

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods