Solved Back after a little break. Need a help/suggestions please :)

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

CoBanG

Dank Tier Donator
Aug 14, 2014
Hey guys! well i have always had a passion for programming but the problem is i have never stuck to it since i always get discouraged. I own a few phsyical books (Accelerated C++ https://www.amazon.com/Accelerated-...id=1452073278&sr=1-1&keywords=accelerated+C++, and C++ How to program https://www.amazon.com/How-Program-...1452073300&sr=1-9&keywords=C+++how+to+program) I would really like to actually stick to it and the only thing that helps me do that is creating fun programs or at least programs that have my interest and those would be trainers for games. My question is exactly what part of these books would i have to focus on the most, i have a basic understanding of the syntax of C++ i just cannot actually create a program lol. Also how far into the ASM language do i need to go to actually find addresses i need to make such programs? I know from watching Fleep videos how to use CE but when it comes down to actually finding the correct memory location and areas where it has things like mov edi,14 etc that is where it gets tricky for me. If anyone can give me a point in the right direction or even a lesson or 2 or some help via skype i would appreciate that, or even let me in on a small project for a single player game or something. Thanks for taking the time to read the post and also thanks in advance :cool:

EDIT: i also own the book Reversing: Secrets of Reverse Engineering - https://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Secrets-Engineering-Eldad-Eilam/dp/0764574817

Last edited:

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Do you have any references to where i can learn these common instructions and how to read and follow them when finding addresses for games?
https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=95363
https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=222520

While it is going over CE assembly for CE assembler scripts, it still gets the job done in terms of teaching you assembly in a very simple and easy way. It's where I first learned assembly, and I found it to be a great learning source as everything was simply put.

Alex

Sober linux neb
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 26, 2015
Try to see the problems you are having while programming, and fix them by learning.
And if you don't like reading, then stop reading. Reading is not really gonna help you if you don't like doing it.
But just remember, there're other ways to learn than just reading books

And welcome back!

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
For the asm bit: Just know enough about the logic of common instructions and you'll be fine, reversing wise ( mov, push, lea. ). For the whole motivation aspect try to find some people who are down to learn together or something like that, i think there's a GuidedHacking bitbucket or something, so maybe you can get in on that, bonus points because you get to see the code already put together and people are more than willing to explain how xxxx works.

GLHF

CoBanG

Dank Tier Donator
Aug 14, 2014
Try to see the problems you are having while programming, and fix them by learning.
And if you don't like reading, then stop reading. Reading is not really gonna help you if you don't like doing it.
But just remember, there're other ways to learn than just reading books

And welcome back!
I don't mind reading it's just that sometimes it seems like a foreign language to me, what i am reading that is so i don't really grasp it. What are some other great ways to learn?

CoBanG

Dank Tier Donator
Aug 14, 2014
For the asm bit: Just know enough about the logic of common instructions and you'll be fine, reversing wise ( mov, push, lea. ). For the whole motivation aspect try to find some people who are down to learn together or something like that, i think there's a GuidedHacking bitbucket or something, so maybe you can get in on that, bonus points because you get to see the code already put together and people are more than willing to explain how xxxx works.

GLHF
Do you have any references to where i can learn these common instructions and how to read and follow them when finding addresses for games?

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Not really, i do most of my stuff through trial and error, ollydbg has a nice asm instruction help feature, (Shift F1 i think) , there's also this that looks decent
https://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/cs216/guides/x86.html

Learning how to read and follow assembly instead of memory scanning is a skill that comes with understanding assembly.

Usually goes like this:
Scan something
Find that its accessed, see the assembly, mov eax, [edx + 5]; , okay, base is in edx.
look at where edx is set, see that its set before the function is called, it's a __fastcall
trace back until you find something static.

It's just logic that comes with understanding the assembly.

I'm not much of a great teacher though.

Alex

Sober linux neb
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 26, 2015
I don't mind reading it's just that sometimes it seems like a foreign language to me, what i am reading that is so i don't really grasp it. What are some other great ways to learn?
Videos, articles, google every error you get(lul) and by exploring the functions and statements by yourself

CoBanG

Dank Tier Donator
Aug 14, 2014
Thanks Alex, links that 100% helped you as a newbie to programming would be awesome or even books vid tutorials what ever help you grasp it. I guess its a mind thing if i know someone used/watched that and understood it and actually learned to code i would go at it commited knowing it will get me to where i want to be. :) thanks again

Alex

Sober linux neb
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Nov 26, 2015
Thanks Alex, links that 100% helped you as a newbie to programming would be awesome or even books vid tutorials what ever help you grasp it. I guess its a mind thing if i know someone used/watched that and understood it and actually learned to code i would go at it commited knowing it will get me to where i want to be. :) thanks again
I have read only a one book, which was a finnish one so I don't think it's going to help you in any way :p
But my learning took a lot of searching for answers from da webz while trying new things out by myself

CoBanG

Dank Tier Donator
Aug 14, 2014
Also can anyone recommend maybe an ebook or a set of video tutorials that i can listen to while doing other things? kinda like a song the more i hear it the more i understand and remember, its weird i know lol

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods