Solved ASM Basics - Entity Array?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

FMax

Dec 21, 2012
Ok so i am sorry if this has been asked or there is a proper term for it.

I found a function within a game that damages the player and one given parameter is the base adress of the entity that gets damaged.
From that base adress of the function i can read : current health, max health + more stuff with some offsets and hex calculations.

If i use find out what accesses this adress in memory view i also am able to recieve all damaged entitys including the player if he gets hit.

Now i dont know what it is called or how it exactly works but the game spawns in multiple enemeys at random (Its an Action RPG like Diablo3, POE).

I could propably also find the function responsible for spawning those enemies but that would help me much since i dont know how to properly get a list of all spawned entities and work with it either in C++,C# or CE.

TLDR: I want to get a list of all spawned enemies but i dont know how and how that procedure is called.

Thanks alot if some kind stranger can give me a link or hint on it that will lead me to success!

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
The procedure is called whatever the game developers decided to call it. You'd get it by finding an array of all the enemies, try to get a static pointer to it, then set a breakpoint on this array when you create a new game and you should be able to catch whatever function spawns enemies.

I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking though, you say you can probably find a function that does that, then say you have no use for it, then say you want to find the same array?

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Theres no specific term for reverse engineering an entity list.

There are lists of entities in every game because otherwise the game would have to keep track of each ones position in memory individually to update/draw/whatever, so there is a ( sometimes few ) list of entities. You can look at solaire's video for helping you find entity lists, i think he covered that, if not then go through one of fleeps videos. It's not really something i can just go over in a quick reply

FMax

Dec 21, 2012
The procedure is called whatever the game developers decided to call it. You'd get it by finding an array of all the enemies, try to get a static pointer to it, then set a breakpoint on this array when you create a new game and you should be able to catch whatever function spawns enemies.

I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking though, you say you can probably find a function that does that, then say you have no use for it, then say you want to find the same array?
I am actually asking what the proper term is for fiding those lists if there a programming term.

In addition i am sure there is no actual function that keeps all entity ids in a array, its a function that spawns one entity then the function is called again to spawn the next so i would need to listen/read that function when it gets called and save the created entity id. I dont know how i am supposed to do so in CE as example.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods