Off Topic Anti-Virus

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

keto

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
May 25, 2013
Heyho,

I've just downloaded the Reversing for Newbies (thanks el capitano Spock) stuff and my Anti-Virus went totally crazy. Even now, 3 minutes later it is still plopping some messages at my face.
However, this made me think of anti-viruses in general.

Which one are you using? Do you prefer any and if so why?

I am currently using PANDA Anti-Virus, but I think of changing it. :D

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
I've been paying for Avast for a very l Iong time I love it. I just exclude my reverse engineering/programming folder from active protection. Recently avast has added some annoying extra cost features to increase profits, I consider it to be bloat ware and may look for an alternative if their marketing approach becomes overbearing. I liked it for many years because it was well suited for "power users", I hope the do not stray too far from the original strengths of their product. I'm also curious on what other power users recommend

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Going to make a quick assumption that Lena most likely goes over reversing viruses and malware. I doubt any are active, though and they are most likely for demonstration. Try downloading each tutorial individually and see if that changes anything.

As for anti-viruses, I like to live dangerously ;)

Syntax Error

Coder
Silenced
Meme Tier VIP
Nov 6, 2014
I read somewhere that all the "big" anti virus companies share virus signatures so it got me thinking... Wouldn't they all offer the same protection? Surely it would take a couple weeks/months for them to actually update their product but eventually they will all have the same protection.
anommanderrake, this might be why you're getting all this "extra features" to make their product stand out. :)

Now I'm not sure how much of this is accurate so take this with a pinch of salt.

keto

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
May 25, 2013
Going to make a quick assumption that Lena most likely goes over reversing viruses and malware. I doubt any are active, though and they are most likely for demonstration. Try downloading each tutorial individually and see if that changes anything.

As for anti-viruses, I like to live dangerously ;)
Yep tutorials are about reversing, I know that those included dummies are causing my anti virus to alert. :p But the moment it happened, it finally made me think about my anti-virus in general. Never really payed attention to that :D

I think about getting Kaspersky just for the fact that they have stopped that worm of the US back in time, if you know what I mean :cri:

Cyrion

Coder
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Dec 31, 2013
I have none actually , i can't find one that doesn't annoy me. They all blocking things like game updater or deleting random stuff from my hard drive thinking it's a virus.

I don't know which one to take now. I've tried AVG, Avast , Kaspersky, Defender , BitDefender, Fsecure .. >.<

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Oh yeah! I have a virus called McAfee Enterprise if that counts :megusta:

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Comodo, put it on Paranoid Mode. :trollface:

keto

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
May 25, 2013
I have none actually , i can't find one that doesn't annoy me. They all blocking things like game updater or deleting random stuff from my hard drive thinking it's a virus.

I don't know which one to take now. I've tried AVG, Avast , Kaspersky, Defender , BitDefender, Fsecure .. >.<
I am testing G DATA Internet Security for quite a while now. The reason I decided to download this Anti Virus was simple the company's slogan "TRUST IN GERMAN SICHERHEIT" which made me laugh. It's looking to be quite good (testing for like a week now). Exceptions can easily be added with one simple click. This includes file, folder and even drive exceptions. I didn't notice any annoying advertisement yet, even it's the test version. I actually consider to buy this software later on. :tasty:

Helios

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
May 24, 2012
I've been using "Microsoft Security Essentials", as my realtime anti-malware, and to scan and remove malware, I've been using "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware". I've found it to be a good mix.

Liduen

Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
May 19, 2013
I've been using "Microsoft Security Essentials", as my realtime anti-malware, and to scan and remove malware, I've been using "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware". I've found it to be a good mix.
Microsoft Security Essentials ranks last in every test I ever saw though.

I use Avira but Sandboxie does the trick guys. You don't need a live guard, just scan the files you download in the sandbox and your fine. Never cought sth since using Sandboxie.

Helios

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
May 24, 2012
Microsoft Security Essentials ranks last in every test I ever saw though.

I use Avira but Sandboxie does the trick guys. You don't need a live guard, just scan the files you download in the sandbox and your fine. Never cought sth since using Sandboxie.
Hmm, worrying. I've been using it for years, without problems, so I've simply not looked at any recent reviews. Honestly, I'll probably keep using it because it's been working for me, but I'll keep your post in mind.

You've never caught anything to your knowledge :p

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods