Community Announcement: Timb3r has moved to GH

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

timb3r

Semi-Retired
Dank Tier VIP
Jul 15, 2018
Hey everyone,

Timb3r here with an announcement.

A few days ago @Rake approached me with an offer to produce content exclusively for GH which I accepted. There's a ton of reasons why and I'm sure some people will still get annoyed about this decision however here's the main ones:

1. Running a server and hosting your own content is HARD.

I'm sure this comes as a surprise to no one but managing a server, keeping it secure and protecting it from attacks is not as simple as running "sudo apt get update && sudo apt get upgrade -y" every day. It takes work, time and vigilance. That's time I was wasting when I could have been throwing a new article together.

2. Running a server and hosting your own content is EXPENSIVE.

When I first started writing my blog (which was a free WordPress site) I had zero traffic. No one knew who I was and no one cared. Flash forward to now where I'm receiving thousands of hits per day and my bandwidth costs are beginning to spiral out of control. I have some support from Patreons (but most of it is coming out of my pocket) and that server bill continues to grow each month. Which is why you should hit that Donate button and help Rake keep GH running.

3. All social media is terrible.

A necessary evil of being a content creator is getting your stuff noticed by people. This essentially boils to to Twitter, Facebook, Discord and YouTube. All of these platforms suck and are becoming more and more hostile towards any content they deem "inappropriate" for their platforms. I've been kicked off these platforms multiple times and I do not have the energy (or time) to keep asking for my accounts back.

4. Time (or lack there of).

When I first launched my site I had tons of free time. I had hours I could spend doing all of these things. Now life, work other things are taking away my mornings, afternoons and weekends. Every week feels like I have less and less time to produce content and I'm wasting more time on server maintenance or some other garbage that isn't writing an article. By removing all these extra "tasks" I have I can focus on what I actually want to do which is make content for people to read!

By joining GH I can focus on what I actually want to do and remove the "noise" from my workflow.

Yeah but what about GamePhreakers.com?

Simply put the site will remain up until it bankrupts me or the cyber police shut it down (whichever happens first). I will look into compressing the site down into a static one (to reduce costs) and I will begin cross-posting my content in this subforum on GH.

Hey! I gave you money! What about me?

Thanks for the support. All the Patreon only stuff will still be up for you to read for the near future as I transition across to GH. My Patreon page is paused and I wont be accepting any new donations. Once the transition is complete I will be taking down my Patreon page and maybe GP I haven't decided yet.

And the Discord?

The discord will remain up for as long as it can. I've got no intention to shut it down as we've built a nice little community there.

What now?

What do you mean? I'm the one who's gotta convert all my posts into Forum posts for GH you don't need to do anything. The plan is drip migrate the old posts on a regular schedule while occasionally releasing new ones.

Here's what's coming up:

1. DoomGuy CrackMe Series.
2. New articles (I'm not totally out of ideas I swear!).
3. GH Exclusive stuff (for donators and VIPs).

Finally:

Thanks to everyone who supported me either via Patreon or just by sharing and linking to my articles. You're the reason I can do what I do. Also to that guy who couldn't compile ImGui for AssaultCube git gud and learn how to troubleshoot compiler errors you muppet.

Also I've started a thread here for suggestions. Make sure you drop your suggestions in there and vote up the ones you like.

-Timb3r

Last edited:

Kauv

Just lookin for a lil tenderoni
Fleep Tier Donator
Sep 1, 2019
Thank you for all your contributions and best of luck in all your endeavors.

P.S. I hope you don't actually go bankrupt.

Icew0lf

Software Ninjaneer
Dank Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Aug 20, 2013
@timb3r Amazing news, i really had the hope it would happen!!
Cheers mate🍺🍺

metrix

0x90
Meme Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Trump Tier Donator
Oct 11, 2013
This will be a great partnership for sure. Interesting step @timb3r
Looking forward to great content. Fleep tier donation inc.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
I couldn't be happier with your decision to come on board, very happy to have you here.

titan059

ESP man
Meme Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Jan 7, 2019
From valuable community to another. Good luck and i cannot wait to see your future content.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods League of Legends Accounts