Android anyone???

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

supercjb1

May 25, 2012
First of all, to any mods that may see this, I wasn't quite sure where to put this because its slightly related to programming. Any way if its in the wrong place I am sorry and feel free to move it.

Question one : Does anyone use android? If so, do you like it, if so why? If not, why not?

I understand that is a very poorly worded question ;D , so here is a simpler version
What do you think about Android?

Question two : Does anyone develop android apps?

The reason why I am asking is because I used to learn android, but I just found the new boston lessons fairly boring and I couldn't really find any better ones. Does anyone know a good place where I can restart learning Android ?

If anyone has any opinion, it would be great to hear back! :)

Flyjunkie

Nobleman
May 22, 2012
Hi Chris,

Good thread! I'm just about to start getting stuck into an android based retrieval app connecting to a MySQL database! So far the code dosent seem that much more difficult than c++ and theres some fairly good tutorials out there but i havent really got going into it. Its pretty interesting stuff tbh!

Im sure I'll be hating it within a week though....Fleeps knows what I'm like lol

Hope you dont mind that I've moved this to the 'other programming board'

Fly

supercjb1

May 25, 2012
Sounds pretty complicated! ;D

The main problems Im having at the moment is lack of ideas. I think its because I want to do something usefull instead of all of the tutorial examples over and over, but at the same time everything I would like to do (eg. Some sort of game, or a tuner for instruments) seems so far away that it just puts me off doing it! Also thanks for the reply!

Flyjunkie

Nobleman
May 22, 2012
We've all got to start somewhere mate! My advice would be to do the tutorials, just take as much in as you can then experiment with it! I'm openly admitting I'm noobish at android and the tutorials are defiantly making it all clear! Your ideas sound good! I would def run with the game idea over the tuner for the time being! Why not start a thread asking for ideas on android based games you could create?

S

Sleinzel

Android programming or java in general sucks...

You might ask why?

For example a simple Form with 1 Button needs 15MB Ram on my machine. Compared to C# with 5MB and C++ with 2MB...

Java needs nearly 3times as long as C++ to calculate some Algorithms.

Java ist just good to learn object-oriented programming. But if you wanna code something serious go with C++ ;)

As for the Android part:
I don't know why google used Java... Maybe because it's so popular these days. Android is not my prefered smartphone os... I'm using Windows Phone

supercjb1

May 25, 2012
Interesting, I'm learning Java first of all for learning purposes, as I find it much easier to pick up than c++. Secondly Android + eclipse is very very easy to use as the predictive feature allows you to look through all of the pre-made methods (As opposed to visual studio's intellisense!). Anyway nice to hear feedback and it's interesting to see it from your view. :)

baseball435

Jun 3, 2012
Sleinzel said:

You might ask why?

For example a simple Form with 1 Button needs 15MB Ram on my machine. Compared to C# with 5MB and C++ with 2MB...

Java ist just good to learn object-oriented programming. But if you wanna code something serious go with C++ ;)

As for the Android part:
I don't know why google used Java... Maybe because it's so popular these days. Android is not my prefered smartphone os... I'm using Windows Phone
Java is great to learn and is becoming more and more popular. I'm a Java guy and my youtube channel shows some things you can do: www.youtube.com/user/baseball4355

S

Sleinzel

baseball435 said:
Sleinzel said:

You might ask why?

As for the Android part:
Java is great to learn and is becoming more and more popular. I'm a Java guy and my youtube channel shows some things you can do: www.youtube.com/user/baseball4355
I'm studying IT at a swiss university. Do you really think I don't know what I can do using Java.

Proove me That my facts in the by you quoted text are wrong, and then we can talk again about java. ;)

Fleep

Founder
Meme Tier VIP
May 20, 2012
Sleinzel said:
baseball435 said:
Sleinzel said:

You might ask why?

As for the Android part:
I'm studying IT at a swiss university. Do you really think I don't know what I can do using Java.

Proove me That my facts in the by you quoted text are wrong, and then we can talk again about java. ;)
He didn't contest a single thing you said here, take it easy.

Fleep

Matt

Jun 6, 2012
Android is coded in Java, it should be like making a Minecraft mod. I think theres a way you can decompile the android APK to open in java.
Anyway you don't need to do that, root your android phone, download gamecih. Gamecih is just the same as cheat engine but for android.

Dobbias

May 25, 2012
Before all Java-haters insult android i have to say: "there is the official Android NDK out there which lets you create android-apps in c/c++".
But i have to say if you are just gettin into android programming java is the way to go....

Maybe both of you Java haters and lovers wanna take a look at the "Marakana TechTV" channel at youtube there are tuts for
the android ndk(c++) and sdk(java)(and other android stuff) / here the link: "https://www.youtube.com/user/MarakanaTechTV"

Jesus3D

Jul 22, 2012
I've done a few apps, nothing huge or anything i wanna share (most of it is just for learning) What i've been using is this open source framework witch save me lot's of time (phonegap.com)

Helgon

Aug 6, 2012
just my 2 cents to this topic

ive done pretty much with java (and i really like the language) and also dove into the android sdk but i hate it. proabably because of this ugly mixture of xml, java and the annoying editor (integrated into eclipse)

maymonaise

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Nov 4, 2012
First of all, to any mods that may see this, I wasn't quite sure where to put this because its slightly related to programming. Any way if its in the wrong place I am sorry and feel free to move it.

Question one : Does anyone use android? If so, do you like it, if so why? If not, why not?

I understand that is a very poorly worded question ;D , so here is a simpler version
What do you think about Android?

Question two : Does anyone develop android apps?

The reason why I am asking is because I used to learn android, but I just found the new boston lessons fairly boring and I couldn't really find any better ones. Does anyone know a good place where I can restart learning Android ?

If anyone has any opinion, it would be great to hear back! :)
Question 1 I use android and apple but prefer apple because it's faster and has a more
user friendly CUI, which is pretty much what it comes down to for the average phone user.
Question 2 I make try after try again to develop my app ideas but Java is hard for me.

Helios

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
May 24, 2012
Question 1 I use android and apple but prefer apple because it's faster and has a more
user friendly CUI, which is pretty much what it comes down to for the average phone user.
Question 2 I make try after try again to develop my app ideas but Java is hard for me.
Have a look at: Corona SDK

Reactions: maymonaise

maymonaise

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Nov 4, 2012
It's great :) - It does have a couple of bugs, but it's good.
Major bugs? Like, shouldn't buy - magnitude type
bugs? Or smaller bugs that just get in the way
every once in a while, but can be worked around?

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods