Am I the only one who doesn't use an IDE?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

zebuilin

Jan 31, 2013
I don't know about you but I've always been more comfortable doing everything command line with vim and g++.
I know this is a personal preference but please explain your work-environment logic below.

Anton2k

Jan 26, 2013
For web related work, ie design using divs etc i always at first loved using IDE like dreamweaver etc, but as i got better i didn't see the need for them, i am starting to get that way with programming now aswell, visual studio can be good for creating things like GUI's and a whole bunch of other stuff but for simple stuff it does have allot of clutter, and for begiiners can make things more confusing than they actually are. I think all beginners should start with no IDE , just a editor and a compiler, understand what and IDE is then use it. I know schools here dont do that and jump straght into the ide, first time i saw the ide i was like WTF!

Last edited:

zebuilin

Jan 31, 2013
For web related work, ie design using divs etc i always at first loved using IDE like dreamweaver etc, but as i got better i didn't see the need for them, i am starting to get that way with programming now aswell, visual studio can be good for creating things like GUI's and a whole bunch of other stuff but for simple stuff it does have allot of clutter, and for begiiners can make things more confusing than they actually are. I think all beginners should start with no IDE , just a editor and a compiler, understand what and IDE is then use it. I know schools here dont do that and jump straght into the ide, first time i saw the ide i was like WTF!
Well for me it's not because I'm just starting out or doing anything unsophisticated it's just that I've always used vim and have grown to know it.

x86asm

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Jan 3, 2013
I use a IDE its clearer for me. I like it also to press just one key to compile my code or attach a debugger so that I can see my C++ code in assembly. Maybe im a little bit lazy in that case. (-:

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods