Discuss Aim only at enemies who I have unobstructed vision of

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Ansen

Aug 4, 2017
Hello experts.

I have created a basic aimbot for AssaultCube by extracting information from the game's memory. Thank you for the great material on this site.

In one of Fleep's tutorials I heard him say something about 'ray-tracing' and how to check whether an enemy is obstructed by objects or walls in the game. I find this idea very intriguing and I do wonder how it might be implemented. This feature seems to be a vital component of any serious aimbot and I suspect that a few of the suspicious cs:go moments in professional play are due to the respective player's software lacking this feature.

As an example (@0:29)

So my questions to you are:
  • Is this possible at all?
  • Is this feasible?
  • Is this even a standard feature?
and if any of the above are true: How could it possibly be implemented and what prerequisites are necessary?

Cheers,
Stan

Last edited:

Teuvin

now I am become Death
Dank Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Dec 8, 2016
Yes, ray-tracing is possible. (Why wouldn't it?)
No, it's not feasible, if you are going to understand every line and it's math is rather complicated.
I'm not sure what you mean by standard feature.
Ray tracing is a technique for generating an image by tracing the path of light as pixels in an image plane and simulating the effects of its encounters with virtual objects
In source games the Engine provides you with a bunch of it's own ray-tracing functions like
C++:
Interfaces::EngineTrace()->TraceRay
You should check out some algorithms on the internet for CSGO it's pretty easy to find or your could just "inspect" the source engine yourself and look for Ray tracing related code and try to understand it from there

I think the only pre-requisite is being able to do math?

St. Ansen

Aug 4, 2017
Just to be clear, as I'm a little confused by the big words:

Ray-tracing is a method of calculating an image created by some rays of light which are being reflected by objects in the path. This seems to be related to creating computer graphics or the ingame 'world'. I don't understand how this technique is related to helping me figure out if some location on the map is obstructed from my vision. All I need is to know whether the first 'target' my single ray of interest hits is a wall or a player.. nothing to trace really, or is it? Are we maybe speaking of traceline as in trace-a-line? That sounds a lot like what I might be looking for.

Yes, ray-tracing is possible. (Why wouldn't it?)
No, it's not feasible, ...
I thought about something like extracting my accurate own model of the map to trace lines and feed my software with the necessary information this way. That's why I asked about feasibility etc. If games provide this feature and use it themselves for the very same thing I'm trying to implement it's a lot less complex than I imagined.

Thank you,
Stan

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Just to be clear, as I'm a little confused by the big words:
Ray-tracing is a method of calculating an image created by some rays of light which are being reflected by objects in the path. This seems to be related to creating computer graphics or the ingame 'world'. I don't understand how this technique is related to helping me figure out if some location on the map is obstructed from my vision. All I need is to know whether the first 'target' my single ray of interest hits is a wall or a player.. nothing to trace really, or is it? Are we maybe speaking of traceline as in trace-a-line? That sounds a lot like what I might be looking for.
I thought about something like extracting my accurate own model of the map to trace lines and feed my software with the necessary information this way. That's why I asked about feasibility etc. If games provide this feature and use it themselves for the very same thing I'm trying to implement it's a lot less complex than I imagined.
Thank you,
Stan
Holy shit dude, you're going way to deep on this one. Let me break it down for you. the 3d game world consists of different objects that your bullets either collide with or go through. When your bullets collide with a wall, the bullet stops and makes a little gunshot texture and animation. When it collides with a player, it does damage to them. How does the game figure this all out? With the traceline/raytrace function. Ray trace / trace line whatever you want to call is the function that tells the game what to do when you shoot your gun. It can simulate your bullet traveling from your gun through the 3d game world at your current view angles. If there is a collision, the Traceline function will tell you what it collided with. Whenever you shoot your gun trace line gets calls and for many other reasons also.

So you call the traceline function in your aimbot loop from your current player location to the location of the enemy, traceline will tell you if collision or not. If it collided with the enemy, then there are no walls in the way. If it does not collide with the enemy then something blocked it like a wall or something else.
You're going way to deep. Just reverse engineer the function and call it on every enemy location, only aim at targets that collisions occur with.

St. Ansen

Aug 4, 2017
Rake;50982 said:
The 3d game world consists of different objects that your bullets either collide with or go through. When your bullets collide with a wall, the bullet stops and makes a little gunshot texture and animation. When it collides with a player, it does damage to them. How does the game figure this all out? With the traceline/raytrace function. Ray trace / trace line whatever you want to call is the function that tells the game what to do when you shoot your gun. It can simulate your bullet traveling from your gun through the 3d game world at your current view angles. If there is a collision, the Traceline function will tell you what it collided with. Whenever you shoot your gun trace line gets calls and for many other reasons also.
That is very helpful, thanks. And it sounds like common sense in hindsight :)

Rake;50982 said:
Just reverse engineer the function and call it on every enemy location, only aim at targets that collisions occur with.
Will try to do so.

Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods