Solved About finding Offsets / Addresses

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

MrModd

Jun 5, 2012
Hi all, I was just wondering how I can find an offset or address WITHOUT using CE or tSearch. See the games security will NOT allow CE to started and if you do start it the game it self will just close out. I thought I saw a way to do it using Ollydbg but I can not find it again. Again I could be mistaken on this lol because I have watched a ton of videos for the past two dats lol. So again just to sum it up.

1. How can I find an address/offset without CE to look up in Olly. Thank you for any advice you guys can give me.

BlackPitchPL

Coder
Nobleman
May 24, 2012
There is only one way to have private dbg that u made by yourself. And thats all :p

MrModd

Jun 5, 2012
Wait, what do you mean, like making a UCE or something?? Because I have been looking into that as well but I'm not having any luck as of right now.

MrModd

Jun 5, 2012
ZOCKIR said:
Adjust the settings in the CE, so it will work, the game will not be closed 8)
Tried this with 3 different CE's but still no luck. Game still closes.

MrModd

Jun 5, 2012
*EDITED* Sorry I had put the video up in private. All set now should be okay.

Okay, so I have been following Fleep's TuT step by step for this lol. Now there is NO sound mainly because I had a house full of kids all over the play due to my wife watching some friends kids as well. And I am not to sure how the video came out because I am also new to trying this and I was having an issue. My screen is native 1920x1200 and looks great. If I try and run it in 1920x1080 everything seems to fade in color and looks weird as well. Any way you will see that I can find the static address but following along with Fleep's TuT I seem to run into a wall. I do not know if it is something I am doing or if this game is just going to be harder to do. Thank you for any tips, ideas and help that can or may be given.

https://youtu.be/hQiPbpcJ5wM

Fleep

Founder
Meme Tier VIP
May 20, 2012
Your video is private which means we cant view it. :-\

Fleep

MrModd

Jun 5, 2012
:-\ Is it against the rules to call myself a noob hahaha. Sorry about that, should be all set now Fleep.

Fleep

Founder
Meme Tier VIP
May 20, 2012
MrModd said:
:-\ Is it against the rules to call myself a noob hahaha. Sorry about that, should be all set now Fleep.
Well you were doing everything right, the only thing that you seemed to have been missing is adding those new values into the cheat engine "Add address manually", that usually helps out when developing a multipointer address, I cant pinpoint exactly in the video it is but if you check my How to Hack any game tutorial, you should see how I get some of the multipointer addresses. It should be in Pointers or pointers continued

To be honest your nearly there, a couple more steps and you should have that static address. By the way what game is that?

Fleep

MrModd

Jun 5, 2012
Oh nice! okay so i'm learning lol I'm getting there lol. That is called Tribes Ascend. It's not to bad to kill some time but it's not the greatest lol. I am only trying stuff on there because I have NOT been able to find any online. So I figured it may be a good place to start. Once I get some of this down I really want to start working on one of my favorite games but that's an MMORPG and I'm sure a lot harder lol.

BlackPitchPL

Coder
Nobleman
May 24, 2012
The MMO games use usually 5 - 6 lvl pointer's and i know that it's look like it's navigate to nothing but after all lvl's you will see that addy you want :p GL

MrModd

Jun 5, 2012
Lol, I worked on this for a while this morning and still ended up with nothing lol. Every address I try brings me to that pointer step but no address from there does anything. I have tried every address that came up starting from scratch over and over lol. I think I am in way over my head here lol. i'm not giving up though. Is there another program to use that will help break down all the levels of pointers? Or is it possible with just CE?. If so I will keep at it with CE, maybe i'm just missing something easy to most of you lol. I know I can find the amount of ammo. There are 3 address's, but only 1 address will actually change the amount of ammo. Once I change that one thought the other 2 address's it found change to match it. So the more levels there are do i have to basically have to repeat all the steps in order for EACH address from the start???

BlackPitchPL said:
The MMO games use usually 5 - 6 lvl pointer's and i know that it's look like it's navigate to nothing but after all lvl's you will see that addy you want :p GL
Hmm, I was looking for a + tab or a "Thanks" button to say thank you but there isn't one....

konsowa

Coder
Nobleman
May 24, 2012
MrModd said:
Hmm, I was looking for a + tab or a "Thanks" button to say thank you but there isn't one....
There is an applaud button under the profile picture.

kokole

k
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 1, 2012
sorry for the bump, but why just dont use ida or ollydbg? you can easily find addresses in ida (well not very easily), you can even find memory structures if you found some memset, you can know the size of it too, just learn assembly and life will be easier xD

xploiitz

Coder
Fleep Tier Donator
Trump Tier Donator
Nobleman
Jul 26, 2012
sorry for the bump, but why just dont use ida or ollydbg? you can easily find addresses in ida (well not very easily), you can even find memory structures if you found some memset, you can know the size of it too, just learn assembly and life will be easier xD
Hi all, I was just wondering how I can find an offset or address WITHOUT using CE or tSearch. See the games security will NOT allow CE to started and if you do start it the game it self will just close out. I thought I saw a way to do it using Ollydbg but I can not find it again. Again I could be mistaken on this lol because I have watched a ton of videos for the past two dats lol. So again just to sum it up.

1. How can I find an address/offset without CE to look up in Olly. Thank you for any advice you guys can give me.

mepath

Sep 1, 2012
In computer programming there are variables that store a value, and there are variables that store a memory address. The value you first found is the one that stores the address. It's fine, it's going to do what you want, but the problem is that when you restart, that value will become useless. Why? It's because something up the chain came up with the memory location in which that variable is stored. Kind of like how the white house has an address, but essentially, we can re-designate where the white is supposed to be at any time. I hope that analogy helps.

Anyways, in the memory search, what you're looking is a variable that has stored the memory location of something pointing to the variable that stores the ammo. To break it down, it's kind of like:

pointer -> ammo address.

Pointers are kind of like windows shortcuts, you can delete them, but it's just a quicker way to get to the executable that actually does things. In most games, there are many layers of such pointers.

Base Pointer -> pointer -> pointer -> pointer -> pointer -> ammo storage.

The base pointer is essentially the pointer that will never change, and will always ultimately point back to the ammo storage address, it's the most reliable one, and that's why we use and store it. It's useful not only because it saves us time, but can be reliably used in any programs we write.

Fleep does a great job covering the topic in the following video, enjoy:

[video=youtube;N44nk9URoG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N44nk9URoG8&feature=plcp[/video]

saebur

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Aug 14, 2012
He's having issues because the game detects a debugger. When you attach to the game's memory, it's being detected that a debugger is attached to it so it crashes. You have to be able to evade the anti-debugging capability in order for you to be able to debug/reverse it in memory. I'm not really experience in that as there are lack of tutorials on that but it's a learning process.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods