Status
Not open for further replies.

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
Hey guys,

@impost0r had the great idea to do a code competition which ended up having many people agreeing, so this is meant to be the first one.

The point of this thread is to collect ideas for games we're going to hack. Everyone can suggest a game, obviously but we're going to have a poll the next day, which decides about it.

The sort of time table we have thought of was:

• 24 hours to suggest games
  • 24 hours to do the poll, deciding about the game
  • 72 hours to do the coding
  • 48 hours for the raters to rate it.
  • 24 hours to do some new suggestions which are based on the experience of this code competition, which might improve stuff we will experience in the future. (maybe?)
Apart from the rules (see them here: https://guidedhacking.com/showthread.php?6446-Code-competition) and suggestions having been made there already, I think that the one suggesting the game, which later wins the poll, can't participate.

E.g. if I suggest to hack Plants vs. Zombies and that wins the poll, I can't participate on this weeks code competition..

Additionally have we thought of the rating criteria to something similar to this:

• Does it work properly?
  • How clean is it coded
  • How does it look like (maybe as an extra option to kind of collect some extra points)
Game criteria's are like:

• Free to play
  • Singleplayer
Another thing: We must think about the amount of raters. Maybe, 1 person (which is the one suggesting the game) is not enough, it might need another rater, which is also excluded from coding then.

Because I don't think many people will volunteer on that, regarding their agreement to participate, I'd suggest myself as a 2nd rater.

Enough said by me, I think that we should now collect those games, but keep in mind that you can then not participate in case you win

The collection will end on Thursday 05/14/2015 23:00 UTC+1

~ Till0sch97

Last edited by a moderator:

keto

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
May 25, 2013
What about Defiance? We could create awesome stuff for it, no anti cheat blocking us. It might be a bit too hard, or? :D

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
https://www.nethack.org/
Rogue-like to the max. Super small download, and you'll likely continue playing it after hacking it :p. (You'll likely still die even after hacking it)

galaxykiller

Feb 7, 2014
Here is my small list. :)

• Assassins Creed: Black Flag
  • Assassins Creed: Unity

• Resident Evil: 6
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2

• Lost Planet
  • Lost Planet 2
  • Lost Planet 3

• Grand Theft Auto V

• Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

• Dying Light

• Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero

• Torchlight
  • Torchlight 2

* Make sure to download the demos, not the full versions. *

List could be endless but I am going to leave it with these entries. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, but those have to be affordable for everyone, so incase a paid game has a demo that's okay I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods