• Youtuber
  • Zombies
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

memory addresses/pointers/offsets

Advertise on GuidedHacking
      Hello all, so I'm kind of a beginning in the world of hacking. I've coded a lot in the past for various things in various languages so I'm not completely starting a fresh. However, I'm struggling at almost the first bip in the road. I'm struggling to find the static memory addresses for the game I'm trying to develop a hack in. The game is DyingLight and as such, it is mostly co-op vs AI zombies however there is a mode whereby it is 4 humans vs 1 human zombie and THAT is what I'm attempting to create a hack for. I'd love an ESP/Aimbot nothing else really required to be honest but I cannot for the love of me , figure out how to get the memory addresses which I believe is the first step?

What have I done so far?

- I have obtained a basic source code "C++ ESP Aimbot MultiHack" tweaked by 'linux' and I'm attempting to adapt that to work with my game. The issue I have is the first step in finding the local player (me)'s memory address using CheatEngine. I did the whole search for health value, take damage, search agian e.t.c. And ultimately , I riddle down 15,000 addresses to 0 each time. With each damage taken + next search, I get fewer an fewer results (as expected) but then I ultimately end up on none. Tried several times, but nothing has worked thus far. I'm wondering if it's just because the health is not stored in the conventional way?

Any advice, greatly appreciated. Also if you have a suggestion on a better/alternative basic sourcecode to work with, that'd greatly be appreciated too.

Administrator
      Hacked By Jesus

Reversing

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      If the health is not 4 byte aligned you must uncheck "fast scan", so if you're not getting good results that's the first thing I do. Next, maybe it's not an integer but something else in which case do unknown data type, unknown initial value and just search decreased, this will take longer but will guarantee result

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Ahh thanks, I started to suspect maybe it wasn't an integer..e.t.c so you've confirmed it could be other things, thanks ill give this a shot !

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Bit of an update, so I've found health (it was a float), I traced this right back to the PlayerBase pointer and all is working. I restart the game and the pointer is as expected, working perfectly. I can add my offset and it shows the health float correctly. I managed to also find the offsets for my player's X Y and Z coordinates so I threw those in there for testing. I restart the game, all again is fine and working.

However..... if I die in the game, or sleep... it seems like anything that would trigger you to 'restart' within the game...like a cutscene for example. Somehow changes the pointer and makes all the other offsets useless at that point. Restarting the game, seems to fix this (but I do load from the savegame so perhaps the playerbase is tied with that specific point in the game from the savegame hence why it works after game restart, but nothing else)

Any ideas on what I'm missing here? I thought that the playerBase pointer would be static? and just update the address it points to?

Administrator
      Hacked By Jesus

Reversing

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Look for a different pointer, perhaps with more offsets. It's ok if inbetween maps or during loading for the pointer to be wrong but when your dude is alive and you're playing it should always point to the right place so you just need to find a better pointer

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Advertise on GuidedHacking
      Ahh i see, so there's not one specific one. I think i saw around 4-5 so ill give the others a try, thanks again

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Source Code] AC Addresses & Offsets
      By CreepSore in forum Assault Cube Hacks
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 05-31-2016, 07:24 AM
    2. [Tutorial] Using pointers and offsets
      By wtlyons in forum Game Hacking Tutorials
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 12-02-2015, 07:25 PM
    3. Replies: 5
      Last Post: 01-05-2014, 09:52 PM
    4. Replies: 8