• Youtuber
  • Zombies
      Just learning... haha

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Finding operations and changing them

Advertise on GuidedHacking
      Hello ppl, I'm a starter like many here and I learned some cool stuff that I wanted to share with new ppl like me... So I hope it helps someone and sorry for bad video quality !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQUqkKfHIjo&feature

2. Thanks cruzz, N/A, [GH]Rake thanked for this post
      Administrator
      Hacked By Jesus

Reversing

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Great stuff, video tutorials are a noobs best friend

Trying to live...

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by [GH]Rake View Post
      Great stuff, video tutorials are a noobs best friend
      I'm a noob and i feel offended.

haahah, kidding, nice video tho!

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Would it be possible to make a trainer the changes the operation to nop using this logic? Sorry, new to hacking so not exactly how all the memory replacing works in programs but I am familiar with c++

Just learning... haha

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Yeah, you can

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by TooManyColor View Post
      Yeah, you can
      How would you go about doing that within the code, so far the only thing I found was to freeze is via an infinite loop and not actually changing the actual operation within the memory.

Administrator
      Hacked By Jesus

Reversing

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by Lidle View Post
      How would you go about doing that within the code, so far the only thing I found was to freeze is via an infinite loop and not actually changing the actual operation within the memory.
      All digital data is in binary, whether on the disk or in the memory. We use hexadecimal to represent the binary because the human brain is not capable of understanding binary in that volume.
      The code section that contains operations and the data section that contains variables are not any different. They are both data stored in memory as binary and we view them as hexadecimal bytes in in our debugging tools.

The method you use to write to a variable address is the same method you will use to change an operation.

Instructions of the x86 instruction set are like MOV, NOP, CMP etc...These are simply representations of the opcodes that humans can comprehend. The opcodes are just hexadecimal bytes of data that represent these instructions.
      Instructions can operate on 0, 1 or 2 operands. To change the functionality of an instruction you can write to the instruction or the operands. Each instruction requires a fixed # of bytes depending on the type of operands it will be operating on.

If you want to write a NOP over an instruction you just look up the opcode at a website such as this:
      ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_instruction_listings ) and you will see that the byte in hexadecimal for that instruction is 0x90.

Here is an example using No Recoil for AssaultCube

WriteProcessMemory(hProcHandle, (LPVOID)(0x463786), "\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90", 10, NULL);

The instruction I wanted to disable had a fixed length of 10 bytes that I decided to NOP

Be aware that code sections typically will not be allocated with "write access" so in order for you to use WriteProcessMemory you previously have to call OpenProcess in which you can give your application "PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS" or "PROCESS_VM_WRITE" permissions.
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

When working internally you will need to use VirtualProtect() to give yourself similar permissions

...should I sticky this?

9. Thanks Lidle, Celmos thanked for this post
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Advertise on GuidedHacking
      Quote Originally Posted by [GH]Rake View Post
      All digital data is in binary, whether on the disk or in the memory. We use hexadecimal to represent the binary because the human brain is not capable of understanding binary in that volume.
      The code section that contains operations and the data section that contains variables are not any different. They are both data stored in memory as binary and we view them as hexadecimal bytes in in our debugging tools.

The method you use to write to a variable address is the same method you will use to change an operation.

Instructions of the x86 instruction set are like MOV, NOP, CMP etc...These are simply representations of the opcodes that humans can comprehend. The opcodes are just hexadecimal bytes of data that represent these instructions.
      Instructions can operate on 0, 1 or 2 operands. To change the functionality of an instruction you can write to the instruction or the operands. Each instruction requires a fixed # of bytes depending on the type of operands it will be operating on.

If you want to write a NOP over an instruction you just look up the opcode at a website such as this:
      ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_instruction_listings ) and you will see that the byte in hexadecimal for that instruction is 0x90.

Here is an example using No Recoil for AssaultCube

WriteProcessMemory(hProcHandle, (LPVOID)(0x463786), "\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90", 10, NULL);

The instruction I wanted to disable had a fixed length of 10 bytes that I decided to NOP

Be aware that code sections typically will not be allocated with "write access" so in order for you to use WriteProcessMemory you previously have to call OpenProcess in which you can give your application "PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS" or "PROCESS_VM_WRITE" permissions.
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

When working internally you will need to use VirtualProtect() to give yourself similar permissions

...should I sticky this?
      I think so because that helped me out a whole lot

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Help] Offsets and CE value changing
      By xa84759x in forum Visual Basic
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 01-30-2017, 06:24 AM
    2. [Help] Need help changing memory
      By RaZor1994 in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 01-12-2015, 08:09 PM
    3. Changing registers