Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

multilevel pointer to windows form

John Kittz
      Hi guys,
      wondering if anyone can help.

in a nutshell i have a windows form (transparent overlay)
      and some multi level pointers that i would like to display on it.

however i am hitting a brick wall finding a way getting the pointers to display in the windows form.

having searched both here and everywhere for a guide i stumbled across this link.
      https://www.mpgh.net/forum/250-c-pro...l-pointer.html

the link provides an example of exactly what i am trying to achieve but its coded in c#
      it probably doesn't require much in the way of conversion.
      also the tutorial doesn't explain or provide any source to explain how to connect the pointer address
      to the form. quite an important step.

if anybody here has the time to sacrifice to provide a c++ example i'll be eternally grateful.
      honestly i've literally spent days looking for a solution and even tried to force the code i have which
      was written in c++ into a working example but everytime i compile new errors appear.

i sense the example given should work with very few modifications but for now its just out of reach.
      thanks in advance.

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Talking

As you can tell by the source, it's not a very simple thing to do. Lots of parsing and bit conversions. I have a much simpler method using C++. I REALLY discourage Copy and Paste.. So please try to actually understand what's going on in this code and not just putting it in your project.

This is a new header file we're going to create. I've named mine Addresses.h
      Code:
      #include <Windows.h>

DWORD GetAddress(DWORD addie, LPCSTR module)
      {
      	if(GetModuleHandle(module)!=NULL)
      	{
      		DWORD address1=(DWORD)GetModuleHandle(module);
      		DWORD address2=addie;
      		DWORD address = address1+address2;
      		return address;
      	}
      	else
      	return NULL;
      }
      You can see this is much simpler in C++ because we can simply use GetModuleHandle.

To call this function we would then, in our source, do the following..
      Code:
      DWORD OurAddress = (DWORD)GetAddress(0x00000000,"OurModuleHere");
      Again, I highly discourage copy+paste. This source isn't too complex, read though it and try to understand it, then implement.

Crazywink
      Last edited by Crazywink; 08-26-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      crazywink.
      first thanks very much for taking the time to explain and provide the example code its much appreciated.
      i have to be honest at first it made very little sense to me but i did a little research, watched a few youtube videos and it finally clicked into place.

i am now at a point i can confidently retrieve any multi-level pointer i've found and display it/them to a console application.

my last hurdle for the external hack is to somehow get the pointer information into my windows c++ form project and display it within the form.
      the basic idea is i am retrieving an address which displays what weapon my opponent is currently holding.
      the problem now becomes not one of programming code per se but one of getting my head around the visual c++ windows form interface.

so at present i have a main.cpp and within that i have the read process memory routine which grabs the necessary addresses.
      there's also a load of if statements.
      i also have the header and the includes required.
      then there's the form itself which i can drag various buttons and such. obviosly i dont need buttons or anything else just the label?

i was sort of hoping i could create a label within the form and pass the pointer information directly onto the form but i am struggling with the interface.

when i coded the c++ console version of my hack it couldn't have been easier all i had to do was the following:
      after the opening read process code and the various variables are set.

if (enemyHasShotGun == 1534866774)
      {

printf("enemy has picked up Shotgun \n"); //
      PlaySound(TEXT("shotgun.wav""), NULL, SND_FILENAME);
      }
      which is coded directly into the main()

but visual c++ windows forms are new to me and present many new complications.
      i am at the point where i am close to giving up and going back to the console version i previously coded but that would be a shame because although it works very well in fullscreen i can only ever use the
      sound side of the code since i won't see the console at all.

that was the reason i decided to switch to windows forms at the start because it would be great to display that information straight onto my transparent form which has its priority set to topmost
      it would always be visible without having to set my game to window mode just to see the console.

as crazy as it seems after watching hours of windows form tutorials and reading various forums i've yet to see or read of one example of how to pass
      the information from the main.cpp (in this case my pointer or some text) to the display area of the form.

since the rest of the code is already completed i am obviously very fired up to find the solution.
      any help now would be hugely appreciated because i am pretty much there.

its not like i am not prepared to learn or to do a bit of leg work myself, for example i've already started watching the newboston c++ tutorials but bucky doesn't cover windows form applications, everything is console based.

thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction.
      Last edited by sakino; 08-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      I think you should make d3d hack and it's more useful than windows form you can easy on off it and windows form are very fk up in c++ :P i think even Microsoft dont use c++ forms but make program in c++ and put it in c# for :P. If you didn't understand any part of my post just tell me i will make more comment
      Last edited by BlackPitchPL; 08-29-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Yes, I agree with Blackpitch. Windows Forms with C++ are quite awful to use.. I would suggest using C# for Windows Forms or as Blackpitch said, a D3D Menu.
      I never use C++ when making a Windows Form simply because of how horribly it's set up.

Crazywink

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Cheats'n'Trainers
      Yeah thanks for the advice guys.
      after struggling like hell with c++ windows form i am probably going to first make the switch to c#.
      i'd like to try it, some things in c# feel more natural.

i would go with the d3d menu but wanted to avoid that as a few people i spoke to somehow convinced me
      that a d3d menu would be easier to detect. just how true that i really don't know.?
      it also looks very complicated too but there's some good tutorials on here.

another choice for an external menu system i looked into was QT ...looking at example code and its designer gave me a good vibe..
      all in all guys the feedback/advice is much appreciated.

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Help] Visual C++ Windows Form / VS 2015 Update 2
      By niceone in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 10-09-2016, 10:28 PM
    2. [Source Code] Reading Multilevel Pointer (DLL/Console)
      By cascraft in forum C/C++
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 08-03-2015, 07:02 PM
    3. [Help] Help Reading Float with Multilevel Pointer c#
      By coolestgamer123 in forum Hacking Help
      Last Post: 01-09-2015, 08:43 PM
    4. [Help] Finding Float From Multilevel Pointer with DLL Base Address C#
      By coolestgamer123 in forum Hacking Help
      Last Post: 12-23-2014, 02:08 PM
    5. [Help] Trouble Reading MultiLevel Pointer C#