• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Starting Your Journey Into Hacking

Silent VPN
      I'm creating this post because I've noticed that the questions "How do I learn how to hack?" And, "Where do I start when learning how to hack?" have been asked on this forum time and time again.

I'm going to cover to basics of what to do. This will be updated more and more when I have time to update it.

Starting Your Journey Into Game Hacking

Before you should even think about jumping into game hacking, you need to start with a programming language. Knowing a programming language is VITAL. While programming languages aren't used to getting information for the hack (Most of the time..) you will need to know one to create the hack with the information you've retrieved. You need to understand how memory works. How it's stored, how it's called, what types are what, etc. Learning a programming language will teach you this.
      I'd suggest learning C++. It is by far the most common language used for creating hacks and is documented very well. Error solutions are quick to find with a Google search.

C++ is a compilation programming language, meaning you write the code into and IDE (Integrated Development Environment) and the computer compiles it into something the computer can read. You'll learn all about this when you start learning C++.

Sources of learning C++:
      There are tons of resources for C++. Here's just a couple I recommend.
      https://cplusplus.com/
      CPlusPlus.com is a great reference point for learning new techniques as well as a quick refresher for topics you may have forgotten. I use it from time to time to remember certain syntax.

https://YouTube.com/TheNewBoston
      TheNewBoston is a YouTuber that teacher you how to program in many different languages. Their C++ section has over 200 videos. He starts from the very beginning of C++ up to more advantage usage.

If you're more into sitting down and reading some information, here's some books I would recommend.
      Beginning C++ Through Game Programming by Michael Dawson
      This book is especially good for learning C++ for game hacking. This way, not only are you learning C++, you're also learning the basics of how games are created.

C++ Primer Plus (6th Edition) (Developer's Library) by Stephen Prata
      I read part of the 5th Edition of this book and it was a great resource. Just teaches you C++ in a normal format.

My Recommendation

C++ Programming for the Absolute Beginner by Dirk Henkemans and Mark Lee
      This book is also very good, it takes you from the very beginning of C++ to creating your own DirectX Game at the end.
      Personally, I think this is your best choice for a book. It takes you through fun C++ lessons where you're creating your own console games, all the way up to creating your own DirectX game, which will be very, very useful when you start getting into more complex hacks.

Working With Memory
      Once you have learned the basics (Hopefully more than just the bare minimum..) It's now time to start working with very simple hacks.
      To do this we will use Memory Editing software. The most common is Cheat Engine.
      Fleep has just posted his How To Use Cheat Engine tutorial video.
      How to Use Cheat Engine HD
      This is where you'll want to start.
      You'll want to keep learning more ways of using Cheat Engine to find your addresses. The Cheat Engine forums has tons of tutorials on it, and also we'll be happy to help you if you post here as well.

Applying Our Programming Knowledge
      Once you understand how to use Cheat Engine to find address, pointers, Multi-level pointers, etc. We can then start putting that programming knowledge to use.
      We'll next move on to Fleep's tutorials.
      https://guidedhacking.com/forumdisplay.php?20-Tutorials
      These group of videos take you through both the Cheat Engine side and the Programming side. If you've taken the time to learn C++ these tutorials should be fairly straight forward to you, and you should start to grasp the concepts and what it takes to make game hacks. If you've decided to skip learning a programming language (C++) and went ahead and copied what Fleep wrote as he wrote it, then you're digging your own grave.

Mess around with that information you've just learned. Start with Assault Cube (The game Fleep used) and then try adapting it to your own games, try modifying the code to make it's appearance and functionality better. Completely understand the source and how it works then we can move on.

Next, we can start looking at using GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces).
      For this, we'll watch Fleep's tutorials. https://guidedhacking.com/showthread...IFFICULTY-1-10
      You might be saying
      What the hell! You just had me learn C++ and read all of this and then you tell me to use C#?!
      Yup. Before you freak out, C# is very similar to C++. If you know the basics of C++, you'll be able to pick C# like it's nothing. It uses lots of the same syntax, and a lot of it's methods are actually easier than C++.

After this point we can kind of pick and choose what we want to learn and incorporate into our hacks.
      If you read the book I suggested (Meaning read it from cover to cover..) then you'll have some experience with DirectX.
      If you read that book, I'd suggest now moving into the D3D Menu tutorial. https://guidedhacking.com/showthread...IFFICULTY-3-10
      You should be very familiar with the syntax DirectX uses, and this menu should be a breeze. If you didn't read that book, odds are you're going to be fairly confused by DirectX syntax.
      If you can make the D3D Menu without trouble, then move onto the Chams tutorial https://guidedhacking.com/showthread...IFFICULTY-6-10
      This uses more D3D functions. Some may be new to you, but you should still understand what they're doing.

And again, at this point, you can pick and choose which tutorials of Fleep's and others that you want to do and see if they're on your level.

If you've made it this far then..
      Congratulations! You've made a big leap into the world of hacking! ;D
      I'm going to be updating this more with more detail, maybe even in-depth tutorials. But that will be when I have more free time, which won't be any time soon :-\
      But I'm going to try my best!

And of course, if you have any questions whatsoever, you can post them here and we will try our best to help you!

Crazywink
      Last edited by Crazywink; 09-22-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: fixed all links

Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      You sir, just got yourself a sticky.
      EXCELLENT post.

Fleep

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Good job crazy

Edit: As a reply to vv below, I'll PM them to you then, sooner or later
      Starting Your Journey Into Hacking

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Thanks Fleep ;D

And c5, if you would like I can add them directly in to the post and credit you. Or you can post them beneath, totally up to you.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Thank you very much.
      C++ Newbie.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Those links doesn't work ;(

Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by C-- View Post
      Those links doesn't work ;(
      All links have been fixed, thanks for letting us know.

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHF8fal01ZE

This video goes into more detail on the first section. I will be making more for the other sections.

Crazywink

9. Thanks c5, Srch_ndstry thanked for this post
      Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Excellent, very useful guide, Crazywink.

Seeing as I am about to venture into DirectX, I'm gonna now take a good look at the recommended book, C++ Programming for the Absolute Beginner by Dirk Henkemans and Mark Lee

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Silent VPN
      It's great to know where to start and what need to achieve, thanks you very much. I will try to read the book you recommend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Tutorial] Hacking packets with Charles, write custom python client (online flash game hacking)
      By artania in forum Game Hacking Tutorials
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 04-16-2016, 05:17 PM
    2. [Help] I:ss hacking
      By tossiam in forum C/C++
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 06-24-2014, 07:47 PM
    3. Hacking in SF?
      By krazie_chink in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 06-19-2013, 05:20 PM
    4. Replies: 4