• Zombies

Thread: A little help.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

A little help.

John Kittz
      Hey guys, fairly new to the world of C++ and C#. My programming knowledge concluded with a vast understanding of Python, actionscript and a tad of Java. Recently I have played with the tantalising idea of mastering, either C# or C++ and using such tools to create hacks for a couple of the classic fps titles. How to archive such exellence though proving alot more difficult when browsing various hacking knowledge bases. One thing is clear the experience needed to make said hacks an expansive understanding of said language. So where to begin? Is an entire over view needed to understand? Are their particular books and tutorials which cater best to casual hack creation? Please help, thank you.

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Re: A little help.

I'm going to use the cliche answer here.. An obvious basic knowledge of the language is necessary. I'd recommend reading books like C++ Primer Plus (6th Edition). Books that take you from the very basic understanding of the language all the way up to more advanced usage. If reading isn't your style there's a YouTuber by the name of TheNewBoston that has tons of C++ Video tutorials that take you from the very beginning of programming up to advanced technique. I wouldn't dive into hacking until you have at least a basic foundation of your chosen language.

I would suggest C++. After learning C++, C# is a breeze. It uses a lot of similar syntax and is easy to adapt.

As far as specific sources for learning hacking. Right here. Once you've got the fundamentals down, Fleep has some excellent tutorials to start your adventure into hacking.

Crazywink

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Thanks mate, and if I may ask, which method is your ideal, which did you learn from?

Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

I think that if you understand one language other's are similar to what you know so if you will learn smt about C C++ other it's just like peace of cake. Try to find a book that is good for you coz for me it was thinking in c++ for other can be some other. When you read a chapter and after finish you know smt this mean that that book will be good for You :P

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

[quote author=silly3648 link=topic=513.msg3135#msg3135 date=1344506556]
      Thanks mate, and if I may ask, which method is your ideal, which did you learn from?
      [/quote]

I started off with books. I got the basic idea of programming from books and then from there I would use resources like https://cplusplus.com/ for anything I needed to re familiarize myself with. Also, learning from source is a big part too. Once you know the basics, download people's source code and analyze it and see if you can make sense of it. See if you understand what they're doing and adapt it to your code and use methods from multiple different places to create a better end product.

I'd say I've learned more about C++ from analyzing other's code than anything else.

Crazywink

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

I never ready any books, never made it to the library/book shop/internet book shop. Finished a few chapters on www.learncpp.com and that's pretty much all I've really like learned. Everything else has came from purely looking at others work/examples, google, irc chats
      A little help.

Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Cheats'n'Trainers
      If i were you here is how id go about learning C++, i would go to the new bostons channel and watch his c++ vids then i would go get the following book and review:
      https://www.amazon.com/Sams-Teach-Yo.../dp/0672327112
      Then when im comfortable with the information i would start applying what i have learnt by coding a few simple things and when im comfortable with that id go back to learn the more advanced stuff..