• Watching TV/Movie
  • Xbox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Having a hard time to hack a chess game(chess titans)

Silent VPN
      Hello guys, I am writing this post because I'm hacking chess titans, I already made a hack in which it's always my turn. However, I was trying to go beyond that and make a hack that all my pieces can move anywhere. I'm using cheat engine, and I have seen a few tutorials from Fleep. So what I managed to do so far: I found and address that stores the current selected position, and an address that stores the current selected piece. I tried than making the value of the current selected piece to be the same as the current selected position, making the position glow yellow, as if I selected a piece there. But the piece didn't move. I tried taking a look at the memory viewer, to see if I could find any code related to movement calculations, but didn't find anything(maybe because it's written in assembly? Very hard to understand). I tried replacing some jumps and compares with nops, and ended up with some funny behaviour, but didn't achieve my goal. So I tried to make things a little bit easier to me, instead of trying to make any piece move anywhere, I tried making any piece move as the queen. I tried to see which address stored the type of piece selected, but couldn't find any. I've searched for all types, select queen, first scan, than selected some other piece, scanned for changed value, etc, but found nothing. It seems the game doesn't store piece types, or I'm doing something very wrong. Can anyone help me? I need tips on how to find the place where movement calculations takes place, how to find the address that stores the piece type selected. It seems so easy but the normal methods I know of scanning through all types of values, changed values and unchanged values, don't work. I attached a cheat table(well, it's not a cheat table yet, just the first address) to show what I done so far.Thanks guys!

EDIT
      The cheat table is for 64bit operating systems
      Attached Files Attached Files
      Last edited by Hacks1; 12-30-2013 at 02:28 PM.

The Angel Of Verdun
      Always More To Code!

Lurking

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      ill take a quick look for you and get back to you soon - meh i cant even attach olly to it(cant find it) although my olly is really outdated and i cant seem to find the exe for it, windows games meh - ill take another look tommorow im so tired :P

im pretty sure it can be done with reverse engineering something like [eax] calculating how many spaces it can move to and we just replace that with entire game board number of spaces.

a cool function of CE is the disect data structure it could shed some light on this for you.
      Last edited by Nether; 12-30-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Thanks, I tried dissect data structure but it seems to me the same as using the memory view. I mean when you do something you see the bytes changing in that region, the dissect also show changes. But I couldn't go anywhere with that. Now some(more) noob questions...what's "olly", and how can I do the reverse engineering(didn't get the "[eax]" either). Thanks again!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nether View Post
      ill take a quick look for you and get back to you soon - meh i cant even attach olly to it(cant find it) although my olly is really outdated and i cant seem to find the exe for it, windows games meh - ill take another look tommorow im so tired :P

im pretty sure it can be done with reverse engineering something like [eax] calculating how many spaces it can move to and we just replace that with entire game board number of spaces.

a cool function of CE is the disect data structure it could shed some light on this for you.

The Angel Of Verdun
      Always More To Code!

Lurking

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      olly = ollydebug and reverse engineering as in youll find an insruction like this:

Code:
      chess.exe+7E6F9A - 3B 88 60A40000        - cmp ecx,[rax+0000A460]
      so you are correct the game does not store information on each peice instead it makes a calculation to determine how many spaces you can move ( i may be wrong there could be stored data on each peice but i doubt it, maybe a structure of some sort ).
      your going to want to look for a compare as it will be comparing to see if it has another in its way, then either below it or very close will be a mov opcode to decide wether you can move 1/2/3/4 spaces etc.

youll find something like mov eax,[edx] (moving eax [peice] into edx {space on board}) - ofc it might not be a mov as there are other factors here and my ASM off the top of my head isnt great i have a list of all OP Codes :L
      so to reverse you make it do what you want so instead of edx being only 3 spaces on the board calculated by some other function you jsut change it to like 50 or how ever many spaces there are on the board.

i may be wrong but its the right direction - i havent had to make a hack in awhile but im sure if you spend time on it youll get there - but this will not be a simple freezing or memory edit via the main CE window.

i do apologize if alot of this is misinformation i honestly havent created any sort of hack in over a year and only just got back into coding so :P
      Last edited by Nether; 12-31-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Silent VPN
      Thanks, I tried using olly but it's only for 32-bit applications. So I downloaded winDbg, but I don't know how to use it. So how do you use both programs? What can olly do that CE can't? Thanks again!

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Release] Call Of Duty Hard Core Hack
      By lukaluka in forum Call of Duty Cheating
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 08-12-2016, 12:17 PM
    2. [Help] Game changing static addresses each time i die.
      By ajayHD in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 08-27-2015, 09:52 AM
    3. [Off Topic] Sad time for the game hacking world
      By Syperus in forum Off Topic
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 07-26-2015, 02:31 PM
    4. [Help] Ollydbg | Memory Changes Every Time Game Restarts
      By VenoM in forum GH Tutorials Help
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 06-20-2014, 01:53 AM
    5. [Help] Ollydbg | Memory Changes Every Time Game Restarts