• Zombies
      Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Incentives for getting member's donations

Silent VPN
      So as you guys can see I added the Donation block to the site, reasons for this are obvious and the main one being that I have to pay for everything for the site myself, and soon as the member counts increase I will have to upgrade my hosting deal and some other stuff meaning I will get charged more every month etc.

Because of this I thought It would be a good idea to setup the donations, this way I could make a fund for any site costs and if anything stupid like DOS or upgrades happen we will be ready.

I was thinking maybe we could give a few things like:
      -Custom title of their choice
      -Donator logo(like my admin one)

To be honest I haven't though much about this as I am not really a fan of getting people's money but I don't want the site to get taken down for some stupid reason and not be able to get it back up because of low funds.

I could use your opinion on this, what else do other sites come up with as a reward for Donations?, What could we do?

Please let me know what you think

Note:I'm sure donations will be little to non-existent at first but if we give people the right interest then maybe 1 out of every 1000 will consider helping out

Fleep
      Donate  

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      It seems like the most common donation reward is the custom Donator tag. I've never used SMF forums before, but when I ran a forums with vBulletin I could allow users to write in their own custom title, so like you were saying, if they donate they could have the ability to change their title to whatever they want. (With obvious restrictions.) Also, changing the format of their title, so for example instead of "Their custom title here" they could customize it to, "Their custom title here". Simple things like that. I'll keep thinking about other incentives we could maybe have.

Also, thank you for the promotion. ;D

Edit: We could add in a custom forum section specifically for donators where their posts are "escalated" to a higher priority and answered by staff more promptly (When the site becomes so popular we can't keep up with every post.) Again, I'm not big on special treatment, but if they're helping keep the community alive, I think they deserve some form of "special treatment."

Crazywink

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Yeah, I think those 2 rewards are enough too ( Badge and a title ). There isn't really anything else to reward donators with, just with glory. Now, all there is left to it, is to wait for donations

(Also, I just noticed, We have a TS server but we haven't really brought information about it up, it's just in the feedback section. I think we should make a topic about it in the announcment section aswell, to get more users there aswell)
      Incentives for getting member's donations

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      We could also do something where donator's get access to tutorials, say a week earlier than everyone else, or something like that.. Just spitting ideas out there.

crazywink

Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Silent VPN
      Thanks, those seem good enough. Il have a look what other places like mpgh seem to be doing.
      c5 PM me exactly what you want to say in the post and I'l put it in the announcement section, I haven't been too much in the loop regarding that so Il take your info for it, putting the TS server's login info on the post should also be useful.

Fleep

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Off Topic] Member of the Quarter: Q4 2015ish
      By [GH]Rake in forum Member of the Quarter
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: 11-28-2016, 06:49 PM
    2. [Discuss] Member of the Quarter: Q3 2015
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 10-18-2015, 08:32 AM
    3. Member of the Quarter: Q1&Q2 2015