• Youtuber
  • Zombies
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Yet Another DX Menu tutorial question

Silent VPN
      So I'm working on chams for a newly released game and found Fleep's excellent collection of video guides. After watching the full chams tutorial and modifying it to work for my game, it compiled fine but the menu does not load. I am using Windows 7 x64. I am using AutoInject as the injector as per the 64bit fix video.

To verify the problem wasn't with my changes I downloaded the full source from part 6 of the C++ DX menu tutorial (in comments here) and compiled it. It compiled fine with no errors, but it does not work when injecting to any of the games I tested (Batman AC, Portal 2, Skyrim). In contrast, the D3D Model Logger DLLl (also linked in the chams tut) loads and works perfectly for all these games. This means either A) the DX menu is not compatible with my system for whatever reason or B) there is an error with my compiler settings.

I would appreciate if someone who the menu DID work for could post their compiled DLL so I can rule out the menu itself as an issue, or test my compiled DX menu here. Any other direction for troubleshoot is welcome as well.
      One note that might be of some importance, for my VS settings the project compiles fine but does not display menu when using lib path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x86, the project FAILS to compile correctly at all if I use lib path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x64 - error message below.

Code:
      Error	1	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol [email protected] referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Hacks::CreateFontA(struct IDirect3DDevice9 *,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" ([email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected][email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@@Z)	F:\D3D template menu\d3d template fixed\d3d template fixed\Hacks.obj	d3d template fixed
      Last edited by itsrumsey; 09-21-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Hacker
      shell toes yes

Lagging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Need to link the directx library

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Silent VPN
      I don't think this is the issue (I could be mistaken), the x86 version compiles fine but does not work.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could take look at my project here or even better, test my compiled dll and/or post their working compiled dx menu dll so that I can identify if the problem is with the compiling process or something altogether different on the system. If I can get verification that someone else's DLL works on my system or that mine works on someone else's system, it will help tremendously to lead me in the right direction in regards to troubleshooting.
      Last edited by itsrumsey; 09-22-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Help] The Mod Menu Tutorial does not work for me
      By hypexk in forum Call of Duty Cheating
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 04-18-2016, 09:28 PM
    2. [Help] Olly Tutorial Question
      By PwndDepot in forum GH Tutorials Help
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 03-22-2015, 12:53 PM
    3. Replies: 6
      Last Post: 01-31-2014, 07:56 AM
    4. [Help] Direct X menu Tutorial C++