• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Charging for hacks...

John Kittz
      I hate it that places charge you for game hacks..
      I always have.. And I've vowed that I will never charge anyone for a hack I've created.
      I understand that a lot of work goes into them.. I do.. But honestly these places are ridiculous.. Places like Catalyst-Hax, CallofDutyCheats, and many, many others charge $20/month and upwards for a "License" to their hacks and I think it's bullshit. And it's not because I want their hack for free, I could give a shit about their hack, but what it's doing to the hacking community.. I feel like hacking should be an open source and free entity for everyone and anyone.

With these places like Catalyst-Hax and CallofDutyCheats, as soon as a game is released, they've "hacked" it by the second day. Why? Because they use the EXACT same template and simply change a couple of memory address and then charge you another $20/month to use their hacks that they changed a couple things on from their last hack.

I think it's perfectly fine to add in a Donation option. Help out the developer if you want to, but don't force them to purchase your programs.. I've donated aplenty to many developers in the past, not because it was necessary but because I appreciated their time to it and weren't greedy asses like everyone else is that just want to make a quick buck off some code they wrote. Again, I understand that a lot of time goes into a lot of hacks, but that isn't justification in my mind.

Anyways, sorry for ranting on! I just wanted to express my opinion on this somewhere since it's been bothering me for awhile.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Re: Charging for hacks...

The only reason they do that is so they can have it Undetected for as long as they could. More people getting it = Easily detected, less people getting it = not detected. Unless its one of those game that don't have Guards and protection.
      [img width=150 height=17]https://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv47/Demnex/Demnex.jpg[/img]

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

I knew someone would bring this up. :P Sure that's a contribution to why, but definitely not the main reason. The main reason is greed, hands down. And while having it cost keeps it more secure, you notice that not every public hack is detected. Yes, there's a higher chance it will be patched, but by then you'd have shared it with so many people that people could figure out their own workarounds. But you're right, having it cost does make it a lot less likely it'll get detected. But you have to figure whether or not the good out weights the bad.

More developers with source = More advanced variations of the code being distributed, meaning more advanced hacks, and more methods of hooking etc. etc.
      One developer with source charging = Their own variation of their code being distributed, meaning only as advanced as they want, and a single method which if patched, that person/group could be stumped on a workaround.

You bring up a good point though.

EDIT: The other thing that shows that it is mostly greed, is that most of these places charge monthly. What difference would it be for detection if it was a one time fee? Then if it got patched, release a new version and charge a new amount for that one as well, that would keep the chances of detection the same without charging people $240/year for your hacks. Greed. :P

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Well if they pay monthly that is a rip off. Unless its REALLY good, and gets updated daily. I use to go on this website for Combat Arms DLL's Most of them get detected withing 5 or 10 days. So its best to say you are correct with the monthly pay, BUT if it is a good hack that gets Updated daily, has really creative hacks that no other one has and has great support and only cost like 5 - 10 $ is a really good deal.
      [img width=150 height=17]https://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv47/Demnex/Demnex.jpg[/img]

Hacker
      Retired

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

I totally agree with you. You've kinda changed my mind a little bit. :P I still hate the greedy monthly pay places like Catalyst-Hax, but a one time $5-$10 for a creative hack isn't bad especially since the chance of detection goes way down like you said, and support the developer for his creativity and work at the same time. Kind of a change of heart, haha. :P

Added a quick picture of Catalyst-Hax one of the most popular subscription based hack prices... Up to $15 a week..
      Charging for hacks...

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Up to a 15$ per week, whaa Who pays them so much per week for a freakin aimbot which destroy's the point of playing anyways... Okay, if the game is brand new I get it, they just have to be on top of some scoreboard. Simple as that I suppose
      Charging for hacks...

Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

That is pretty ridiculous at Catalyst hacks, I have never charged for hacks but recently considered it. To be honest I agree with you guys in the One time fee Idea, something like $5 will easily reward the creator whilst taking it easy on the player's money.

I also like the idea of sharing all these things but if you run a site like this It can be difficult as I am a broke student and have to pay for everything myself e.g. domain and server costs etc. Luckily I had some people help along the way where I paid them with advertising or a position on the site, otherwise I would be screwed.

Ultimately if your doing well this is only small money but if your just about getting by it can help with all kinds of costs for sure.

Fleep

Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Fleep has a good point.

Well, I knew two sites that charged 5$ for all their hacks (monthly subscription), and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I wouldn't ever pay 15$ for 1 hack, that I'd only have for 1 month though.

I think it's perfectly fine to charge money for something that took one quite a while to write. Especially if it's a good hack that has a low detection rate.

Take RageHacks.net, their BC2 hack has never been detected and it's the only hack with such a crazy amount of features. So they charge 25$ for it. I understand that, but I would never pay for it.

I would like to one day create a "private" cheat site, yes a bit for the money, but also for the experience. I enjoy being on these kinds of forums.

Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Pawning

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Yh its a good idea Helios but unless you are incredibly skilled at hacking the latest games It won't be as easy running a site like that.

crazywink I just had a look at catalyst and as much of a rip-off as it is, these guys are clearly making tons of money. If you just have a look at their main page which is excellent along with their forum. Stupidly enough people actually buy and pay monthly for these hacks.

Fleep

Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Cheats'n'Trainers
      I think we should make a DONATE BUTTON like for paypal or other stuff so if smb like my work and he wanted to make my face smile just donate me so i can have some support ( money is best support :P) but thank's it's ok too. I also buy orginal games if i like it coz i think i should pay for some good programming work :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. Cod4 Hacks
      By tvojama in forum Call of Duty Cheating
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: 05-11-2015, 03:25 PM
    2. DARK hacks
      By till0sch in forum Other Game Hacks
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 04-25-2015, 12:00 PM
    3. Spelunky Hacks
      By Crazywink in forum Other Game Hacks