• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • At Work
  • CodenzHub
  • Coding
  • Deejaying
  • Donating
  • Drinking
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Hacking
  • Hate Mailing
  • Jamin'
  • Lagging
  • Live Streaming
  • Lurking
  • No Status
  • Pawning
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Reversing
  • Sleeping
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • TwitchStreamer
  • Vodka!
  • Watching TV/Movie
  • Xbox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Newbie
      Learning to hack games!
       
      Feeling Normal
       
      undefinederrorz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      12
      Thanks (-->)
      0
      Thanks (<--)
      0

      Hacking Queries:)

      John Kittz
      Hello everyone!

      I have some queries on hacking multiplayer game.

      I know I have to learn C++(at least the basics needed to use for coding hacks). I will try my best to learn the full C++ language.

      My questions are:

      1.I will learn C++ completely first,then start learning how to hack simple games like AC by learning it from Fleep Hacks video.I will learn CheatEngine(pointers,getting address,etc). What would be the next step,to hack an online FPS Game?If we use Cheat Engine,the game hackshield will detect and block it.What do I do?I've heard/seen that OllyDbg can and has same functions as Cheat Engine?
      2.Ok,let's say OllyDbg or CE can't do the job since they are blocked,what else do I use? Any other methods? Maybe UnPacking,etc?
      3.What is exactly unpacking?
      4.Also,I see some posts(ast time) saying the game is packed by Themida,etc..What are they?Why do I need to unpack them?If I unpack them,what will I/can I do ?
      5..How or where can I learn to bypass hackshields?Do I need to learn Reverse Engineering?



      Thank you and sorry for these questions.If you guys could ansewr everything and also "make a list step by step which I do first in order" that'd be great.

      Apology for my bad English.Thank you,once again!

    2. #2
      Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.
       
      Raging
       
      c5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Mankei Iland
      Posts
      1,221
      Thanks (-->)
      97
      Thanks (<--)
      491
      Once you start learning programming, and a little bit of game hacking aside of it, you will find answers to all of your questions on your own

      Patience, and don't jump ahead to worrying about hackshield already, focus on your programming studies first.
      Hacking Queries:)

    3. #3
      Newbie
      Learning to hack games!
       
      Feeling Normal
       
      undefinederrorz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      12
      Thanks (-->)
      0
      Thanks (<--)
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by c5 View Post
      Once you start learning programming, and a little bit of game hacking aside of it, you will find answers to all of your questions on your own

      Patience, and don't jump ahead to worrying about hackshield already, focus on your programming studies first.
      Thanks!
      I will now make progress

    4. #4
      Newbie
      Learning to hack games!
       
      Feeling Normal
       
      somethingsomethingdarksid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      17
      Thanks (-->)
      0
      Thanks (<--)
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by undefinederrorz View Post
      Hello everyone!

      I have some queries on hacking multiplayer game.

      I know I have to learn C++(at least the basics needed to use for coding hacks). I will try my best to learn the full C++ language.

      My questions are:

      1.I will learn C++ completely first,then start learning how to hack simple games like AC by learning it from Fleep Hacks video.I will learn CheatEngine(pointers,getting address,etc). What would be the next step,to hack an online FPS Game?If we use Cheat Engine,the game hackshield will detect and block it.What do I do?I've heard/seen that OllyDbg can and has same functions as Cheat Engine?
      2.Ok,let's say OllyDbg or CE can't do the job since they are blocked,what else do I use? Any other methods? Maybe UnPacking,etc?
      3.What is exactly unpacking?
      4.Also,I see some posts(ast time) saying the game is packed by Themida,etc..What are they?Why do I need to unpack them?If I unpack them,what will I/can I do ?
      5..How or where can I learn to bypass hackshields?Do I need to learn Reverse Engineering?



      Thank you and sorry for these questions.If you guys could ansewr everything and also "make a list step by step which I do first in order" that'd be great.

      Apology for my bad English.Thank you,once again!


      1) ollydbg is significantly more powerful than cheatengine - especially with plugins. To hack any kind of online game (FPS) included you need to be really accessing and manipulating the game from a client-side perspetive. Something that is handled entirely server-side you're not going to be able to handle at all. So for FPS (like bf3/MW/CoD) aimbots are fine, ESP are fine. but for WoW something like.. altering your stats might not be possible.

      In all cases, if you have to cheat and do it past some defensive mechanism like HackShield/PunkBuster then you have to bypass its function. This means being able to describe explicitly what it does and how it does it before bypassing it.


      2) There are a number of programs. OllyDBG is a ring3 debugger for windows. There are others such as Immunity debugger but these generally have similar issues to olly and you, I guess, are relying on hackshield to not detect it; security through obscurity though is no good solution.

      You can write your own tool, which will likely not be detected by hackshield and the like but i'm guessing your level of expertise prevents this. Again, it really helps to know exactly how hackshield works. I've already written posts to this effect in other areas of the forum. If, for example, it simply matches sha1 hashes against known examples of ollydbg or searches for a 'window' with the name 'OllyDBG <version>' then bypassing is trivial.

      3) Unpacking is converting a 'packed' executable to a 'non-packed' executable. Packing is a technique applied to binary executables that aims to obfuescate, encrypt and otherwise prevent reverse engineering. It uses techniques such as code encryption, string encryption, section name randomisation, etc. to make the executable non-trivial to reverse engineer. Often packers are bad enough that you can simply wait until a program is running in memory (it should mostly be in an unpacked state) and then dump memory and use that mem-dump to rebuild the PEfile, rebuild the IAT (import address table) and the like.

      That said, not all packers are easy to beat like that.

      4) Speaking of packers that are not easy to beat. Themida is the most difficult packer i've ever unpacked. It is an absolute nightmare but it is very good at doing what it wants. You can't mem-dump these applications.
      As I mentioned in (3), unpacking an executable reverts it to a state at compile time. It means, in general, that strings are decrypted and the code is non-obfuscated which allows you to reverse engineer the binary without much fuss.

      5) Find out what hackshield does, and how it does it... Forums might help?(i've never looked at it). If you want to figure it out by yourself though reverse engineering is something you would need.

    5. #5
      Newbie
      Learning to hack games!
       
      Feeling Normal
       
      undefinederrorz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      12
      Thanks (-->)
      0
      Thanks (<--)
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by somethingsomethingdarksid View Post
      1) ollydbg is significantly more powerful than cheatengine - especially with plugins. To hack any kind of online game (FPS) included you need to be really accessing and manipulating the game from a client-side perspetive. Something that is handled entirely server-side you're not going to be able to handle at all. So for FPS (like bf3/MW/CoD) aimbots are fine, ESP are fine. but for WoW something like.. altering your stats might not be possible.

      In all cases, if you have to cheat and do it past some defensive mechanism like HackShield/PunkBuster then you have to bypass its function. This means being able to describe explicitly what it does and how it does it before bypassing it.


      2) There are a number of programs. OllyDBG is a ring3 debugger for windows. There are others such as Immunity debugger but these generally have similar issues to olly and you, I guess, are relying on hackshield to not detect it; security through obscurity though is no good solution.

      You can write your own tool, which will likely not be detected by hackshield and the like but i'm guessing your level of expertise prevents this. Again, it really helps to know exactly how hackshield works. I've already written posts to this effect in other areas of the forum. If, for example, it simply matches sha1 hashes against known examples of ollydbg or searches for a 'window' with the name 'OllyDBG <version>' then bypassing is trivial.

      3) Unpacking is converting a 'packed' executable to a 'non-packed' executable. Packing is a technique applied to binary executables that aims to obfuescate, encrypt and otherwise prevent reverse engineering. It uses techniques such as code encryption, string encryption, section name randomisation, etc. to make the executable non-trivial to reverse engineer. Often packers are bad enough that you can simply wait until a program is running in memory (it should mostly be in an unpacked state) and then dump memory and use that mem-dump to rebuild the PEfile, rebuild the IAT (import address table) and the like.

      That said, not all packers are easy to beat like that.

      4) Speaking of packers that are not easy to beat. Themida is the most difficult packer i've ever unpacked. It is an absolute nightmare but it is very good at doing what it wants. You can't mem-dump these applications.
      As I mentioned in (3), unpacking an executable reverts it to a state at compile time. It means, in general, that strings are decrypted and the code is non-obfuscated which allows you to reverse engineer the binary without much fuss.

      5) Find out what hackshield does, and how it does it... Forums might help?(i've never looked at it). If you want to figure it out by yourself though reverse engineering is something you would need.

      First of all,I would like to thank you very much for the informative reply.And you bothered to read my queries and anwsered them.
      Can you explain 2. ? What do you mean by security through obscurity is no good solution?
      Unpacking-What software do I use?Like you stated,I have to learn reverse engineering?It's C++ right?Do I have to master everything of C++ for reverse engineering?
      and lastly"You can write your own tool, which will likely not be detected by hackshield and the like but i'm guessing your level of expertise prevents this. Again, it really helps to know exactly how hackshield works. I've already written posts to this effect in other areas of the forum. If, for example, it simply matches sha1 hashes against known examples of ollydbg or searches for a 'window' with the name 'OllyDBG <version>' then bypassing is trivial."

      I do not quite understand.

      Ok,I've mind-mapped and did the list in order for game hacking,pls correct me if I;m wrong:

      1.C++-Pointers,Variables,ASM
      2.Let's assume I know how to use CE for simple games,and make trainers,and now I;'m proceeding to hack an online multiplayer FPS game. I have to learn OllyDbg
      3.Get memory,pointers,static address?
      4.Unpack game files and study them?(I will need reverse engineering?
      5.Learn and bypass hackshield?
      6.Make a dll

      Correct?

    6. #6
      Newbie
      Learning to hack games!
       
      Feeling Normal
       
      somethingsomethingdarksid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      17
      Thanks (-->)
      0
      Thanks (<--)
      1
      Well, firstly,

      "Security through obscurity" is somewhat of an ironic statement. It's a famous phrase in the hacking world from a while back but it has stuck. (Even though I do recall sometimes when it was used as a counter-point) My word mean 'trying to secure anything by hoping that somebody hasn't heard of it or 'included' it is a poor way to think. To rephrase: If you're hoping to use a tool for reverse engineering and hoping that hackshield has 'forgotten' or 'not heard' about it then that is a poor reason to use a particular tool. Ultimately it will fail

      You actually don't need to know C++ to be able to reverse engineer. This is really why I often feel that peoples' advice on forums like this push people in the wrong direction with some leftovers from the notions and preachy crap that previous generation of hackers spouted.("Hacking isn't about breaking into things or undermining or subverting things is about a journey through time and space to find some enlightened state of nirvana... hackers are just bad words you call people that like to learn") (read: bullshit) However, personal feelings aside, education is a fantastic thing and you will make your life better by learning about computers, programming, reversing. Hacking stuff is even a good way to make money/job (professionally, like me) or as a criminal (like I want to be).


      "You can write your own tool, which will likely not be detected by hackshield and the like but i'm guessing your level of expertise prevents this. Again, it really helps to know exactly how hackshield works. I've already written posts to this effect in other areas of the forum. If, for example, it simply matches sha1 hashes against known examples of ollydbg or searches for a 'window' with the name 'OllyDBG <version>' then bypassing is trivial."

      There are two primary ideas in this quote.

      1) Writing your own tool will probablyl help you avoid detection by hackshield.
      2) Knowing exactly how hackshield works is 'essential' to knowing how to defeat it.



      Ok,I've mind-mapped and did the list in order for game hacking,pls correct me if I;m wrong:

      1.C++-Pointers,Variables,ASM
      2.Let's assume I know how to use CE for simple games,and make trainers,and now I;'m proceeding to hack an online multiplayer FPS game. I have to learn OllyDbg
      3.Get memory,pointers,static address?
      4.Unpack game files and study them?(I will need reverse engineering?
      5.Learn and bypass hackshield?
      6.Make a dll
      It's very hard to define in black and white which things here should be first. What exactly do you want?

      These numbers OVERLAP, you can be doing more than one simultaneously.

      1) learn C++ (C# is easier to begin with, but it's easier to learn c++ and then c#, rather than the other way round) (Variables, pointers, making DLLs, are all just parts of programming in general)
      - This is something you will be learning 'throughout' your 'journey'. I'd be bold enough to say you will never learn everything about c++, but you will not really need to. Just keep learning it, your life will be better.


      Knowing things like programming is not essential to being able to use ollydbg or reverse engineer. It just makes things easier.

      2) Learn reverse engineering.


      This is 'really' all that you need to make game hacks. Reversing the game, and then building the tool.


      -unpacking is a whole subfield of reverse engineering and will require a lot of dedicated study.
      -techniques used in reverse engineering/unpacking can be used to analyse how hackshield and a game works.
      -you can find out how hackshield works with trial and error (try things like, changing the md5hash of Ollydbg, or the 'window name') and check if it's still detected.
      - There are techniques for getting ur code into other processes. Dll Injection for example. Learn these.


      Maybe I didn't cover everything, but these are two very wide-spanning disciplines. Any more questions, let me know.

    7. #7
      Newbie
      Learning to hack games!
       
      Feeling Normal
       
      undefinederrorz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      12
      Thanks (-->)
      0
      Thanks (<--)
      0
      Cheats'n'Trainers
      Quote Originally Posted by somethingsomethingdarksid View Post
      Well, firstly,

      "Security through obscurity" is somewhat of an ironic statement. It's a famous phrase in the hacking world from a while back but it has stuck. (Even though I do recall sometimes when it was used as a counter-point) My word mean 'trying to secure anything by hoping that somebody hasn't heard of it or 'included' it is a poor way to think. To rephrase: If you're hoping to use a tool for reverse engineering and hoping that hackshield has 'forgotten' or 'not heard' about it then that is a poor reason to use a particular tool. Ultimately it will fail

      You actually don't need to know C++ to be able to reverse engineer. This is really why I often feel that peoples' advice on forums like this push people in the wrong direction with some leftovers from the notions and preachy crap that previous generation of hackers spouted.("Hacking isn't about breaking into things or undermining or subverting things is about a journey through time and space to find some enlightened state of nirvana... hackers are just bad words you call people that like to learn") (read: bullshit) However, personal feelings aside, education is a fantastic thing and you will make your life better by learning about computers, programming, reversing. Hacking stuff is even a good way to make money/job (professionally, like me) or as a criminal (like I want to be).


      "You can write your own tool, which will likely not be detected by hackshield and the like but i'm guessing your level of expertise prevents this. Again, it really helps to know exactly how hackshield works. I've already written posts to this effect in other areas of the forum. If, for example, it simply matches sha1 hashes against known examples of ollydbg or searches for a 'window' with the name 'OllyDBG <version>' then bypassing is trivial."

      There are two primary ideas in this quote.

      1) Writing your own tool will probablyl help you avoid detection by hackshield.
      2) Knowing exactly how hackshield works is 'essential' to knowing how to defeat it.





      It's very hard to define in black and white which things here should be first. What exactly do you want?

      These numbers OVERLAP, you can be doing more than one simultaneously.

      1) learn C++ (C# is easier to begin with, but it's easier to learn c++ and then c#, rather than the other way round) (Variables, pointers, making DLLs, are all just parts of programming in general)
      - This is something you will be learning 'throughout' your 'journey'. I'd be bold enough to say you will never learn everything about c++, but you will not really need to. Just keep learning it, your life will be better.


      Knowing things like programming is not essential to being able to use ollydbg or reverse engineer. It just makes things easier.

      2) Learn reverse engineering.


      This is 'really' all that you need to make game hacks. Reversing the game, and then building the tool.


      -unpacking is a whole subfield of reverse engineering and will require a lot of dedicated study.
      -techniques used in reverse engineering/unpacking can be used to analyse how hackshield and a game works.
      -you can find out how hackshield works with trial and error (try things like, changing the md5hash of Ollydbg, or the 'window name') and check if it's still detected.
      - There are techniques for getting ur code into other processes. Dll Injection for example. Learn these.


      Maybe I didn't cover everything, but these are two very wide-spanning disciplines. Any more questions, let me know.
      Ok,thanks

      In your opinion,what should I learn or what I can learn at the same time first?

    Similar Game Hacker Threads

    1. [Tutorial] Hacking packets with Charles, write custom python client (online flash game hacking)
      By artania in forum Game Hacking Tutorials
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 04-16-2016, 05:17 PM
    2. [Help] Hacking mmo's?
      By Mentax in forum GH Tutorials Help
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 10-21-2014, 01:00 PM
    3. [Help] I:ss hacking
      By tossiam in forum C/C++
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 06-24-2014, 07:47 PM
    4. Hacking in SF?
      By krazie_chink in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 06-19-2013, 05:20 PM
    5. Hacking AC,please help me!
      By EliteAces in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-09-2013, 02:09 AM

    Tags for this Thread