• Zombies
      Jr.Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Roaming Creatures Pointer Scanning

Silent VPN
      So I'm having trouble trying to find instances of creatures on a map, what methods do you guys think should work to find roaming creatures and their locations?

What I tried doing first was searching for the seen creature with it's name, then found the address that changes the name when see (the creature)

I then tried search for the pointer for that but i end up with something like this: [edi+ecx*4-04]

ecx=4
      I thought ecx*4 = 10
      10-04 = c

So i thought my offset was C so i searched for the hex addy and dead end :/

Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Can you damage the creature?
      if so you could do the typical, search unknown, then decrease health somehow and search decreased over and over till you get it

does the creature go higher or lower on the terrain?
      if it does you could start with search unknown again, and search increase / decrease depending on when the creature increased or decreased height!

just some thoughts..... its a painstaking process, but if you dont know anything else, well you gotta start somewhere.

Jr.Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Yeah i know it's a pain in the fking ass. But yeah, i can dmg the but it usually dies in one shot. And if i miss, it runs away LOL.

I heard that hooking d3d rendering is the way to go when it comes to stuff like this.

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by saebur View Post
      I heard that hooking d3d rendering is the way to go when it comes to stuff like this.
      Hooking d3d methods won't help you in any way with reversing creatures entities and how they are handled (unless you want to go for chams).

One way could indeed be searching for the damage of the creature and when found reversing the whole damn structure of that entity, after that reversing on trying to see what kind of arrays are walked, whats accessed where, etc. It's no where near easy getting the entities for a game with infamous engine (whereas you have no clue how the engine handles stuff).
      Roaming Creatures Pointer Scanning

Respected Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      So I'm having trouble trying to find instances of creatures on a map, what methods do you guys think should work to find roaming creatures and their locations?

What I tried doing first was searching for the seen creature with it's name, then found the address that changes the name when see (the creature)

I then tried search for the pointer for that but i end up with something like this: [edi+ecx*4-04]

ecx=4
      I thought ecx*4 = 10
      10-04 = c

So i thought my offset was C so i searched for the hex addy and dead end :/
      Ah I know what you trying to do - obviously you've got the right addy, since the program will loop through ECX. If you have ECX=4, search for the HEX-value which Cheat engine says you (the .. is probably.. on more info), if you found an addy, add 4*0x4-4.. If you did that I dont know what could be wrong..

Jr.Coder
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      The creature does no damage. It just roams around when you come near it appears walking around. Aim is trying to find every entity that is rendered near you or around you. It's sort of hard cause if I get near the creatures they run away then I have to spend another 10min finding another one.

This is pissing me off x_X

I tried to reverse the entity by finding it and aiming toward it where it's then identified and outlined. I found an area where the name and gender of the creature is as well. The ecx+edi*4-04 type of things tricks me up though. When I try search for the addy in hex in CE, there's actually a lot of results. Maybe I'm doing it wrong so i'll try to do it again and update.
      THanks.

Respected Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Silent VPN
      The creature does no damage. It just roams around when you come near it appears walking around. Aim is trying to find every entity that is rendered near you or around you. It's sort of hard cause if I get near the creatures they run away then I have to spend another 10min finding another one.

This is pissing me off x_X

I tried to reverse the entity by finding it and aiming toward it where it's then identified and outlined. I found an area where the name and gender of the creature is as well. The ecx+edi*4-04 type of things tricks me up though. When I try search for the addy in hex in CE, there's actually a lot of results. Maybe I'm doing it wrong so i'll try to do it again and update.
      THanks.
      Yes, of course there are multiple addresses and you have to enter the offset correclty.. make breakpoint on that instruction, find out what ecx is and search for esi and then calculate your offset and add as ptr.. then make what accesses this ptr, if nothing appears when you shoot or sth like that, the ptr is wrong, then delete it from search result (ctrl+del) and add the next one and so on

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Source Code] Pattern Scanning
      By Solaire in forum Tutorials and Snippets
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 07-11-2016, 09:23 PM
    2. [Help] Problem regarding pointer scanning
      By Dretch in forum GH Tutorials Help
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 10-04-2015, 06:28 PM
    3. Trying to understand AoB scanning, can't seem to get it right though.. Help!
      By Legolas The Destroyer in forum CS:GO Hacks Help
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 07-12-2015, 06:25 AM
    4. Pattern Scanning
      By dreamgun in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-22-2015, 11:53 AM
    5. [Help] C++ Sig Scanning DLL Injection Help
      By TheGreatUnknown in forum GH Tutorials Help
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 12-12-2014, 09:29 AM