• Zombies
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Game hacking questions

How to Manual Map DLL
      Hi guys, everthing is alright with u?

'm here with so many question that annoy me about Game Hacking.

What's the difference between internal and external hacking? - I saw so many tutorials that is something about external hacking, example: external esp, external aim, external bhop. What's the difference?

I'm studing so much Game Hacking, i can make a OpenGL wallhack, make some modification on the game, i can make the detour, but i don't know how to make an aim. When i download some source on the internet it's come with something such a game source, HOW i can use it to do my own cheats?

What's is the famous "cvar"?

I don't understand why using the game source i can make my own cheats. I see this way: The source code is to make my own game running in the server side, how it can help me if i don't have any permission to do modifications on the game? - Reading a little i figure out it's because make easy to search the pointers and offsets in the game (I don't know... It's right?)

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by hivepass View Post
      What's the difference between internal and external hacking? - I saw so many tutorials that is something about external hacking, example: external esp, external aim, external bhop. What's the difference?
      External means that the hack is running outside of the game process. Internal means it is injected into the game process. Some programs claim to be external or out-of-process but they inject small bits of assembly code into the process to do things. This was common with WoW bots that injected, called LuaDoString, then ejected. People believe that being external makes you undetectable which for the most part is true if you are completely out-of-process.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by edgar View Post
      External means that the hack is running outside of the game process. Internal means it is injected into the game process. Some programs claim to be external or out-of-process but they inject small bits of assembly code into the process to do things. This was common with WoW bots that injected, called LuaDoString, then ejected. People believe that being external makes you undetectable which for the most part is true if you are completely out-of-process.
      Thank you edgar for answering this question.

Banned
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      As edgar said basicly External means you're doing things externally so basicly you're pulling stuff out without sitting in the process.
      And internal you're just taking what you want from inside because you are in the process.

"cvar" is an abbreviation for console-variable, i think i saw it in CSS first.

You can't change memory that is on that specific games server, because it's not on your own computer, you can only manipulate memory that is on your own computer. While your client gets data like coins in a game if you try to overwrite it the server will just send the actual value again and overwrite it. And all checks are made server-wide meaning if you for example tend to spend those coins, the server will check if you in deed have enough coins to buy that specific items.

That's why everything gets stored on the server, so you can't just manipulate it. That's also why many single player games has trainers because all the memory is basicly stored on the clients own computer, meaning he can manipulate it as he wants to.

About the game source, some games has "source code" of either their servers or the game or an SDK (source-development-kit) or similar, people take advantage of this as they know how the server functions, that also means you know exactly what to do to counter it.

For example many of the best css hacks is based on their own source, from a server source, because much of the data they need, they can get through the standard functions the server use, which makes it alot easier.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Cheat Engine Tutorials
      Quote Originally Posted by Geej View Post
      As edgar said basicly External means you're doing things externally so basicly you're pulling stuff out without sitting in the process.
      And internal you're just taking what you want from inside because you are in the process.

"cvar" is an abbreviation for console-variable, i think i saw it in CSS first.

You can't change memory that is on that specific games server, because it's not on your own computer, you can only manipulate memory that is on your own computer. While your client gets data like coins in a game if you try to overwrite it the server will just send the actual value again and overwrite it. And all checks are made server-wide meaning if you for example tend to spend those coins, the server will check if you in deed have enough coins to buy that specific items.

That's why everything gets stored on the server, so you can't just manipulate it. That's also why many single player games has trainers because all the memory is basicly stored on the clients own computer, meaning he can manipulate it as he wants to.

About the game source, some games has "source code" of either their servers or the game or an SDK (source-development-kit) or similar, people take advantage of this as they know how the server functions, that also means you know exactly what to do to counter it.

For example many of the best css hacks is based on their own source, from a server source, because much of the data they need, they can get through the standard functions the server use, which makes it alot easier.
      Oww! Thank you very much! @Geej

If anyone has other points of view regarding this, please post it too.

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Tutorial] Hacking packets with Charles, write custom python client (online flash game hacking)
      By artania in forum Game Hacking Tutorials
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 11-30-2017, 06:05 PM
    2. [VideoTutorial] Learn C++ For Game Hacking
      By Crazywink in forum CrazywinkStudios C++ Tutorials
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: 12-20-2016, 11:13 AM
    3. [Discuss] VAC Ban/Any Ban in Game Hacking
      By Maxillions in forum AntiCheat - AntiDebug
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 09-24-2016, 03:22 PM
    4. [Help] IS ASM needed in game hacking?
      By _Necros_ in forum General Coding Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 10-08-2015, 03:29 PM