• Watching TV/Movie
  • Xbox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

How can we detect when one sound/animation is called ?

Silent VPN
      Is there anyway to detect when certain sound/animation is executed ? I'm searching for a way to code software for one MOBA that will stop my character attack until that sound/animation is going to be executed.
      Last edited by Crepto; 03-08-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by Crepto View Post
      Is there anyway to detect when certain sound/animation is executed ? I'm searching of a way to code software for one MOBA that will stop my character attack until that sound/animation is going to be executed.
      Detour the function which gets the specific sound and do whatever you want to do within your hooked function. Ie. look up for the string of the sound name in Olly, find the sounds address in memory, breakpoint and see whether it's called when it's supposed to play. If it is, then hook and do what you want

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by c5 View Post
      Detour the function which gets the specific sound and do whatever you want to do within your hooked function. Ie. look up for the string of the sound name in Olly, find the sounds address in memory, breakpoint and see whether it's called when it's supposed to play. If it is, then hook and do what you want
      I didn't managed to find a way to attach olly without crashing the game. I tryed few plugins, which didn't managed to do the work. Do you have any ideas ?

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      I didn't managed to find a way to attach olly without crashing the game. I tryed few plugins, which didn't managed to do the work. Do you have any ideas ?
      I'd recommend you to try something easier in the beggining, more basic. But anyhow back to subject, try PhantOm or StrongOD.

5. Thanks Crepto thanked for this post
      RTFM
      Shootin Pool!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Try using cheat engine. It has a built in debugger. IDA pro is another debugger, however this is a more advanced debugger and should only be used after some experience, but if nothing else works then it could hurt to try.
      Blacks Ops Zombies, BioShock Infinite Array of Bytes
      "People say I'm a bad influence. I say the world's already fucked, I'm just adding to it" -Eminem

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      I found a way to bypass that stupid vac... But here comes my lack of knowledge ;D How should I find the part with the attack :? In the fleep's tuts, he finds what he needs with the use of cheat engine and the search of variables connected with what he was searching. And when he went to olly he was right in the middle of it. What should I do in my case ? (sorry if this was already said somewhere)

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      I found a way to bypass that stupid vac... But here comes my lack of knowledge ;D How should I find the part with the attack :? In the fleep's tuts, he finds what he needs with the use of cheat engine and the search of variables connected with what he was searching. And when he went to olly he was right in the middle of it. What should I do in my case ? (sorry if this was already said somewhere)
      Learn reverse engineering step by step, or atleast the general principles of it, before hopping into such stuff then if it's too complicated for you

Basically what I'd do is, have find a code that only executes when a specific sound/animation is played (eg. a function playing the sound), hook it and do stuff within the hook. It's actually pretty basic.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by c5 View Post
      Learn reverse engineering step by step, or atleast the general principles of it, before hopping into such stuff then if it's too complicated for you

Basically what I'd do is, have find a code that only executes when a specific sound/animation is played (eg. a function playing the sound), hook it and do stuff within the hook. It's actually pretty basic.
      I'm into programming from a long time so I doubt that it's something that I can't handle. Just can't find enough time for it and I have some problem with the sources (it's quite hard to find tutorials in this kind of things). This forum is great although.

RTFM
      Shootin Pool!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Silent VPN
      There are a few ways you can do this. What I would do is search for all intermodular calls and look through the function calls. If you don't know how the sound calls are being done(Windows, Directx) Then you will need to scroll through(or just do a text seach) and look for sound calls. Windows plays sounds using the PlaySound() function and is called from Winmm.dll. From win32.hlp:
      Code:
      BOOL PlaySound(LPCSTR pszSound, HMODULE hmod, DWORD fdwSound);
      DirectX plays sounds with the DirectSound function, with more added to it i.e. DirectSoundEnumeration(). DirectSound is used with directsound.dll

Looking through Intermodular calls shows you the functions that are being called and from what dll they are being called from. Hope this helps.
      Blacks Ops Zombies, BioShock Infinite Array of Bytes
      "People say I'm a bad influence. I say the world's already fucked, I'm just adding to it" -Eminem

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. Playing Sound In D3D Menu
      By Crazywink in forum Direct-X, OpenGL
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 01-16-2017, 10:47 PM
    2. [Help] My EndScene Hook Isn't Being Called :\
      By TheHylianTimelord in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 12-28-2015, 12:32 PM
    3. Replies: 13
      Last Post: 07-16-2014, 11:23 PM
    4. [Help] Headshot sound play