• Youtuber
  • Zombies
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Rehashing Save Game (not xbox)

Silent VPN
      I'm pretty new to Hex editing. I always used memory editing before. Memory editing is probably better for most things but Hex editing has it's perks too. Recently I tried to edit the save file from the android game Bard's Tale. The file got instantly corrupt (it was a coded message telling me so) so I suspect there is a hash check. Now my question is if there are a way to "Rehash" or bypass the check. It's a paid game so I get it if your help is limited. But it's not a online game. They probably added the check so people would pay them for extra perks like money and items like so many other games on android has it today.

Anyway, it's not the only game with hash checks. Any help on the matter regardless of game is appreciated. I don't want the gold, I want to learn
      Thanks!

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by EricFerel View Post
      I'm pretty new to Hex editing. I always used memory editing before. Memory editing is probably better for most things but Hex editing has it's perks too. Recently I tried to edit the save file from the android game Bard's Tale. The file got instantly corrupt (it was a coded message telling me so) so I suspect there is a hash check. Now my question is if there are a way to "Rehash" or bypass the check. It's a paid game so I get it if your help is limited. But it's not a online game. They probably added the check so people would pay them for extra perks like money and items like so many other games on android has it today.

Anyway, it's not the only game with hash checks. Any help on the matter regardless of game is appreciated. I don't want the gold, I want to learn
      Thanks!
      You could always Root your phone use GameCiH to edit the game memory.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Yes of course. But then I would have learned nothing about hex editing. It is a very god way though if I would play the game again. For now I'm more interested in learning hex editing. I suspect I would have to bypass the hash check in the game but that would require a good debugger. I really can't do this without a head start since I'm green to this kind of stuff.

And just to clarify, I don't care about getting money or level in the game itself since I think it's much more fun to play it fair. Learning to do this would be educational only. That's why I'm only interested in the hash part disregarding the game.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      I have like 0 understanding in hex editing android games (it might be the same as hex editing saves on the pc)

But I think you are dealing with a CRC32 check here. The thing you could do is. Grab your current savegame and put it on your PC in a folder called "Savegame 1" then go inside the game, get some money and save your progress. Save the savegame to your PC in a folder called "Savegame 2" then open them in a hex editor (HxD) and compare the files. Keep on doing that until you reach some point that could be the CRC32 check.

After that, it'll be harder. IIRC you need to learn and understand how the game writes the new CRC32 value each time it saves a game.

Once again I might be completely off with this. If I am on the right track, then good luck with it. If I am not, then I am sorry and I'll try to read the question again after you have answered.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Thanks, I will look in to CRC32. I always learn something even if I might not succeed.

Kim Kong Trasher
      I don't have status.

Raging

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by EricFerel View Post
      I always learn something even if I might not succeed.
      That's the attitude (thumb up). Always try
      Rehashing Save Game (not xbox)

Donator
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      - Decrypt the savegame
      - Set your IMEI Number
      - Change the CRC32 Hash
      - Crypt it.

Then you can use another savegame.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Silent VPN
      Thanx Darkraven. It gives me a road-map. I have never decrypt anything though. I shall look in to that also. I did however find my values in Hex. I wonder if the save really is encrypted. I looked at another game a bit back where I didn't find anything in the saves. I thought that might be because they were encrypted.

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Discuss] Hooking function to grab register in assembly and save it for use
      By Rekker in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-15-2016, 03:14 PM
    2. [VideoTutorial] C++ SUPERMARIO VIDEO GAME CREATOR TUTORIAL MAKE YOUR OWN GAME DIFFICULTY[4/10]
      By Fleep in forum GH Hack Video Tutorials
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 03-27-2016, 03:57 PM
    3. Xbox vs Playstation
      By [GH]Rake in forum Polls
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 09-08-2015, 01:39 PM
    4. Replies: 4
      Last Post: 07-10-2014, 02:00 AM