RTFM
      Shootin Pool!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Cheat Engine Pointer Scan Problem

Silent VPN
      Hey everyone,
      I've recently came across a weird problem with cheat engine. I started following Fleep's video tut on cheat engine and I came to the pointer scan tut. I decided to follow along encase I might pick something up I didn't know before and when I do a pointer scan it automatically returns nothing. It doens't even perform the scan. Just loads up the progress bar and then returns 0 results. Was wondering if anyone came across this problem before. I tried uninstalling CE, rebooting, and reinstalling the software, but it does the same thing. I even tried using the 32bit version with same results. I tried all 3 debugger options in CE as well. Below is some basic info if it helps.

CE Version:6.2
      Game:PlantsvsZombies

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Update: I tried it on another game and it works just not on plants vs zombies. Another side question; After 3 pointer rescans it returned 0 results. Is that normal or is it still messing up?
      Last edited by Syperus; 11-01-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by Syperus View Post
      Hey everyone,
      I've recently came across a weird problem with cheat engine. I started following Fleep's video tut on cheat engine and I came to the pointer scan tut. I decided to follow along encase I might pick something up I didn't know before and when I do a pointer scan it automatically returns nothing. It doens't even perform the scan. Just loads up the progress bar and then returns 0 results. Was wondering if anyone came across this problem before. I tried uninstalling CE, rebooting, and reinstalling the software, but it does the same thing. I even tried using the 32bit version with same results. I tried all 3 debugger options in CE as well. Below is some basic info if it helps.

Update: I tried it on another game and it works just not on plants vs zombies. Another side question; After 3 pointer rescans it returned 0 results. Is that normal or is it still messing up?
      Same Problem Bro!! but my game is Sudden Attack.....

Maybe I think this is a bug of cheat engine.. ask the pro!!

Respected Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Hey everyone,

I never even used that Pointer-Scan thing. I always do it manually.

RTFM
      Shootin Pool!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by justintcs View Post
      Same Problem Bro!! but my game is Sudden Attack.....

Maybe I think this is a bug of cheat engine.. ask the pro!!
      I think problem has been figured out, and I completely forgot about this thread lol. I say think cause I never went back and tried it, but recently learned that I was using it incorrectly. You need to add the offset with the Pointers must end with the specific offsets checkbox checked. That should help you find the pointer, if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by till0sch97 View Post
      I never even used that Pointer-Scan thing. I always do it manually.
      Yes I usually do it by hand too, but recently been working on games that are several levels deep and the pointer scanner became very useful.
      Blacks Ops Zombies, BioShock Infinite Array of Bytes
      "People say I'm a bad influence. I say the world's already fucked, I'm just adding to it" -Eminem

Respected Hacker
      Learning to hack games!

Coding

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      I think problem has been figured out, and I completely forgot about this thread lol. I say think cause I never went back and tried it, but recently learned that I was using it incorrectly. You need to add the offset with the Pointers must end with the specific offsets checkbox checked. That should help you find the pointer, if there is one.

Yes I usually do it by hand too, but recently been working on games that are several levels deep and the pointer scanner became very useful.

Mh I always try to do it by hand, if that doesnt work, with Pointer Scan.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

I think my case is different as yrs

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Silent VPN
      Hi there,
      I didn't want to create another topic about Cheat Engine & Pointers , so i will ask here for help... thank you,.

So, i'm trying to find a multilevel pointer to a game called Aion and i'm getting stuck into a loop....
      I did it manually until level 16 but often the game is crashing and it's hard to go further.

Now i don't really know it, but isn't to much 16+ level and of course the addressees are always the same...:|....?!
      Other thing i noticed, is that after level 2, when i want to find what access this address in Memory View....the path is always lost.

I should mention that i'm starting to search the first address with 2 bytes because with 4 bytes i don't get what i need. After the first address, all the findings are 4 bytes.

If anyone can help....much appreciated ... Thank's.

edit: This is how it looks like...and is going on and on forever:
      Attachment 1856
      Last edited by vmv; 06-01-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Help] Cheat Engine Pointer Problem C#
      By Jrp0h in forum C#
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 03-13-2016, 05:20 PM
    2. (Got another problem) Cheat Engine and base address
      By Kalist in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:16 PM
    3. I have problem working with Cheat Engine
      By WhaT1v3d0n3 in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 8