• Youtuber
  • Zombies
      Learning McShit

Cool

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)

Internal Drawing

How to Manual Map DLL
      So external drawing is a piece of cake, menus, esp, etc. I'm having some issues with getting internal drawing to work having done some weird crap to get it to work in the past. What's the proper way to do this? You have to hook the internal drawing functions? If the game is using opengl or dx, you should be able to somehow call the functions already loaded into memory right? I've found some source but I'm having a bit of trouble due to language difference and that I don't use visual studio.

Any direction or help would be appreciated.
      Also, not looking for a straight spoon feed here, just gimmie some concepts or functions and I can likely get it.

Administrator
      Hacked By Jesus

Sipping

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      I would start with direct3d9 and learn with a combination of these 3 resources

Oneshot's Hooking DirectX Tutorial

But use Broihon's dank direct3d device getter instead of oneshots pattern scan

Use rN's drawing functions from his dank overlay source code

http://directxtutorial.com for general directx learnings, features both d3d9 and d3d11

You can call draw functions from the game but it's easier and more portable to just use your own functions, like the ones from rN's source code

3. Thanks HellspawnChrist, lmfaoown thanked for this post
      Learning McShit

Cool

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Kinda figured it's easier to use my own. I've written games with both dx9 and old school immediate mode opengl. So I'm familiar on syntax and execution. Not so much on doing the rest, especially within a module. As always, top notch rake!

EDIT: watched the first video. AOB scan for the drawing func is genius. How would you find this manually? What to search for?
      Last edited by HellspawnChrist; 02-13-2018 at 07:14 AM.

edgy 5 y/o
      __fastcall is superior

Trolling

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      As Rake said it's not recommended to use the aob method since it's very unreliable and requires various different patterns for different versions of the d3d9 libraries. He's basically using a pattern for a function which uses a static reference to the constructor function of the d3d9 device. But it's much cleaner and way more reliable to simply create a dummy device and dump the addresses to the functions that way. It'll always work on all platforms and is - in case it doesn't - easy to debug.

Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      This is my first attempt at dipping my hands into anything DirectX related. I used rN's source code and changed all of the libraries to 64bit, got the program running and confirmed it's hooking to a program when it's on the foreground and not rendering anything when it isn't, but I never actually.. Seem to... Get anything rendered? Is rN's source aged enough to make whatever method he used obsolete and we should be using the dll injector method, or am I doing something wrong? Chances are I've done something wrong.

I've attempted to draw over Notepad, Calculator, and a DirectX 9 game that uses 9c. None show anything drawn but all adhere to what I said above with the whole "confirms its rendering when the program is on the foreground". For the DirectX 9 application I used I did get about a 10 FPS loss whenever the built code was running.

Hacker
      I'm just a collection of atoms
      maan

No Status

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by lmfaoown View Post
      This is my first attempt at dipping my hands into anything DirectX related. I used rN's source code and changed all of the libraries to 64bit, got the program running and confirmed it's hooking to a program when it's on the foreground and not rendering anything when it isn't, but I never actually.. Seem to... Get anything rendered? Is rN's source aged enough to make whatever method he used obsolete and we should be using the dll injector method, or am I doing something wrong? Chances are I've done something wrong.

I've attempted to draw over Notepad, Calculator, and a DirectX 9 game that uses 9c. None show anything drawn but all adhere to what I said above with the whole "confirms its rendering when the program is on the foreground". For the DirectX 9 application I used I did get about a 10 FPS loss whenever the built code was running.
      sounds like youre external not internal, post your own thread

8. Thanks lmfaoown thanked for this post
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      You're right, I went full stupid yesterday. I've moved onto internal and have come across a (I believe so at least) basic issue that I'm unsure of, and a few questions. I'm curious about some things since my CPP knowledge and anything DirectX aren't anything special: Regarding Broihon's method, what's the point of pDummyDevice? I see that near the bottom of the method it will dump the address into pD3D and the dummy device but it never actually reaches that point since pDummyDevice is always null then returns after it dumps to pD3D. I'm sure it's there for a reason and there's a way to get past the return properly instead of just removing it but i'm unsure as to what exactly is going over my head. Anyone care to draw light?

On a side note, when I read pD3D its address isn't the correct address. Is this because of the iDirect3DDevice9 and iDirect3DDevice9Ex difference? I googled the differences and Ex isn't possible on Win XP and below, that seemed to be all I could find.
      Internal Drawing

I'd like to stick to this method of grabbing the device instead of pattern scanning (sadly that's a majority of UC/YouTube tutorials apart from a C# tutorial from 2010) which is foretold a terrible method. Not attempting to thread Hi-jack with a few questions so if anyone deems this worthy of its own thread while being on the same topic please let me know and I'll make it! Just don't want to fill the forum up with relatively the same threads.

Administrator
      Hacked By Jesus

Sipping

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Quote Originally Posted by lmfaoown View Post
      but it never actually reaches that point since pDummyDevice is always null then returns after it dumps to pD3D
      The point of Broihon's functions is to get the vtable address so you can hook the vtable functions, not to actually get the games d3dDevice. For drawing in endscene or whatever you don't need the device context, you just need to hook the vtable function, that way any device that calls the function gets hooked, you don't need the d3dDevice.

If you actually want the device, scan memory for the address of the vtable. This will give you a list of all the d3dDevice addresses, as the vtable pointer is offset 0x0 of every class containing virtual functions.

If you need a d3device for drawing, just use your own, it can be independent of the games device, no problem there

11. Thanks lmfaoown thanked for this post
      Learning to hack games!

Feeling Normal

Thanks (-->)
      Thanks (<--)
      Cheat Engine Tutorials
      Just dropping by to say thanks for all of the resources you guys have posted here. Mission complete! https://puu.sh/zpTcf/19e5d28a5a.mp4

13. Thanks [GH]Rake thanked for this post

Similar Game Hacker Threads

1. [Help] External drawing for GTA V [C#]
      By Raw Development in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 04-01-2016, 08:56 AM
    2. [Help] ESP Drawing wrong
      By Camaru in forum Hacking Help
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 11-17-2015, 05:15 PM
    3. Drawing In OpenGL
      By Solaire in forum Direct3d OpenGL & Graphics APIs